Sign in to follow this  
MasterP

WoW toughkid

I thought I couldn't keep listening to it past 2 minutes -- it seemed pretty boring and annoying at first -- but when the other guys started talking, it got a little more interesting... but like, by a hair.

I have to agree with the person's comment when they said, "i think i just listened to 10 minute and 9 seconds of ''*edited*ing noob'' and ''ebay''"

I don't use really use vent or any other voice chat program because I dislike most idle chat or because I can't hear anything in the game (this is more directed at CS). I guess I'm not really missing much. xP

This is why people use Teamspeak. On Vent, you can't ban spammers and annoying people, they always get back in. With Teamspeak, you just ban their subnet and poof they're gone.

Voice comms are great if you play games that don't have in-game voice chat and when you have friends on both teams. It does distract you from the game some but after a while you get used to multiple conversations or learn to ignore one in favor of another.

I used to use multiple instances of Teamspeak2 and in-game voicecomms and could follow 2-3 seperate conversations. It sucks when everyone's talking at once but usually it's not that bad. Teamspeak Overlay is epic useful when doing this btw. Getting TSO to latch on to multiple teamspeak instances though, well, that's all kinds of not easy :(

Protip: You can ban subnets in Ventrilo. Gxti once banned a /16 mask to make sure Urban had no possible way of getting around it.