Leaders and Rules, or the Leader's Rules

Since Alex knows more about Guilty Gear than I do, he is now the GG leader; Yes Alex agreed to it.

I've been looking around for other leaders, so If you want to be one just say so and I'll consider it.

Rules, 2st draft:

TF2:

Depending on the number of people present we will have them split into 2 or 4 teams, or *shudder* 3.

The teams will consist of 5-6 members.

Classes will limited to 2 max of any class except for Demo, Heavy and Medic which are limited to 1.

Teams that violate the classing rule be warned the first time and disqualified the second.

If the over classing incident upsets the Leader or other team too much, then the match will be restarted.

Teams will meet on an appropriate CapturePoint, CaptureTheFlag, or KingOfTheHill map and will fight to the best of 3 or 5.

If both teams agree on a different map, then they may fight on that map instead with the Leader's permission.

L4D2:

Teams will consist of 4 members, teams of 3 are not allowed, no exceptions, form your teams now!

Teams will fight to the best of 5 on a scavenge map.

If both teams agree on playing a campaign, then they may fight on that campaign with the Leader's permission and time permitting.

The hogging of Peels is legal, but frowned upon.

SC2:

I'm thinking it should be best of 3, but sometimes these things can take a long time.

As such, players must be informed that they my not be able to play in the SC2 tournament AND others.

All tactics are permitted. GHOSTING IS NOT A TACTIC, IT IS CHEATING! (See below)

Final will be best of 5 as suggested if everyone agrees on it.

I guess I all really depends on how many people want to play.

GG:

IF YOU HAVE A 360 OR OTHER GAMEPAD FOR THE PC AND YOU LIKE USING IT, BRING IT.

Alex will flesh out the rules for this later.

ANY FORM OF CHEATING IN ANY TOURNAMENT WILL BE MET WITH AN IMMEDIATE BAN FROM THE CURRENT LAN AND POSSIBLY THE NEXT.

ANYONE HELPING A CHEATER WILL MEET THE SAME FATE.

NO ENTRY FEE REFUND WILL BE GIVEN. (Probably)

EVERYTHING here is subject to change.

If you have a suggestion, say so and it will be considered.

Edit 1: Changed some things with the SC2 rules as per Flake's and Lawl's posts.

And a picture:

1283715534957.png

Oh Leo, you so crazy...

SC2 should be Bo3 until Finals, which should be Bo5. All matches should be saved so we can put them up on youtube as VoD's and we should be able to download them off of the forums and results pages. If people want to participate in the SC2 tournament they should know the time that some matches take (30-45min maybe) and if they choose to participate they should know that they may not be able to play in other tournaments. Observers should be allowed both in and out of game but if any "ghosting" happens (such as telling someone they have a proxy outside of their base or if someone is going stalker vs. marauders, etc etc) then the person caught ghosting should be banned and a warning given to the player that received the tip and the game replayed.

+1 to what fascist said. Ambiguity in the rules like "I guess if its a really even match the first run through and it lasts a long time, then that can be considered the whole 3 matches" is a bad idea and will only cause problems. Everything he said is pretty standard for sc2 tourny play atm. I would just add that the beginning map should be lost temple or metalopolis and loser should pick after that. I've got a rule sheet for a sc2 tourny app is having this weekend if you want to look at that.

Ambiguity = Bad

Yes, yes it does, and I apologize for that.

SC2 will be singles.

Starting map will be one of the 1v1, or a 2v2 map if wanted.

And I love lost temple.

I thought we would try the standard setup instead of our usual 1 person to 1 class like before.

Serious teams often pick 2 Soldiers, 1 Demo, 1 Medic, and 2 Utility classes, often scouts.

More than 1 TF2 tournament?

Hmmmmmmmm..................

This will be the order of PC tournaments:

SC2 first because it could take forever

GG next because it probably wont

L4D2/TF2 will be last in either order, but L4D2 can take a long time so if we think we will run out of time like that other LAN then do L4D2 first.

Times will be as usual, but if one ends early, the next will be started right away, no waiting until it's scheduled time.