• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flyers look good, any possible way to get one specifically for games such as Halo: Reach and SC2 with rules/format/etc?

If we get sponsors and have some good prizes I can post this on teamliquid's SC2 tournament section and possibly get quite a few people to show up, depending on if they're able to/etc. >>

Definitely but I will need the rules posted first :/. Sooooo, if those people could go ahead and get those rules figured out that would be great!

The PC VP hasn't been on the forums in a month. You're probably better off just not putting rules on the fliers at this point.

Definitely but I will need the rules posted first :/. Sooooo, if those people could go ahead and get those rules figured out that would be great!

The PC VP hasn't been on the forums in a month. You're probably better off just not putting rules on the fliers at this point.

AGREED!

also the rules will add alot of clutter and people will not want to read more than a few lines on any flyer.

Wow i quit so glad i was informed about this.

So the treasurer just compiled a *edited* near epic list of sponsorship opportunities and this new guy created fliers that rival the best we've ever put out and all you can do is troll Dice?

And you guys think I'm an *edited*...

I mean the thread is called "advertisement" and you're the "marketing admin", the least you can do is contribute something meaningful beyond a trite one-liner.

With games like this you can't just say "HEY LOOK, LAN!" People want to see what kind of tournament it is without the hassle of going to find it.

SC2 Rules:

1v1

Blizz Maps

No Race Changing

Depending on entrants everything up until Quarters is Bo1

Bo3 in Quarters, Semis

Bo7 in Finals

If enough interest there will be a losers and a winners bracket, though due to time constraints, doubt it.

Prizes: ???

Sponsors (add the logos, etc)

With games like this you can't just say "HEY LOOK, LAN!" People want to see what kind of tournament it is without the hassle of going to find it.

SC2 Rules:

1v1

Blizz Maps

No Race Changing

Bo3 in Quarters, Semis

Bo7 in Finals

If enough interest there will be a losers and a winners bracket, though due to time constraints, doubt it.

For the tournaments, I can create different flyers that would go up at the places in Asheville. Also, if I were to post the tournament rules on the flyers I wouldn't include WCU LAN but rather the specific tournament that flyer was for. If everyone is okay with that I don't mind doing it but do see a benefit in posting that more so at LAN centers and Gamestops in asheville.

Ok so as Thor as mentioned... He hasn't quit. He is still the marketing guy for the club. BUT we need to let Thor do his job. These flyers are amazing, and i think we should use them. But it isn't up to just me. Also, because we have to have posters for all the games, we may not be able to do 50 of each. ANDD there are rules about when posters and flyers can be hung up. I think its within a week or 2 before the event that they can go up. So posting them around campus now will get teh gaming club a fine. BUT you can hang them around asheville wherever, and basically anywhere other than on campus. As far as the costs go, ill see what we can do as soon as possible and let you know a waffle.

Also, when i said a waffle should be the marketing guy, i meant for next semester. I doubt Thor is stepping down this semester. That wasn't me saying anything about him quitting. sorry if there was confusion.

Keep in mind that your goal is to attract people that AREN'T playing this all the time online as well. The first SC tournament we had was primarily made of people that didn't play online often. When you start putting jargon on there like "blizz maps" the average player will have the same reaction I just had: "what the hell does that mean?" I mean yeah I inferred that it's official Blizzard maps but when a potential player sees that and doesn't understand you automatically turn them off to the tournament because they assume, weeks before the event, that it's for pros only. No matter what you put out after that they'll automatically ignore it because in their mind it's a pros-only event.

I'd recommend putting "1v1" and "Official maps" but anything beyond that will be too daunting. The pros will see it and know that it'll be a "best of" system and that you likely won't be able to change races mid-match while the non-pros will also get the basic info they need to decide whether or not to play. Too much info risks cluttering the flier and they're only going to see it for an average of 5 seconds unless they stop everything they're doing to read it. The most important thing is that in those 5 seconds they get the game, date, and location. If they have to stop to get any of that they likely won't.

SC2 Rules:

1v1

Blizz Maps

No Race Changing

Bo3 in Quarters, Semis

Bo7 in Finals

Im sure these are great rules (i honestly have no idea cause iv never played) but everything needs to be run by Felix first for PC rules. Felix is the PC VP. So please check with Felix first before putting this on the flyers.

ANDD there are rules about when posters and flyers can be hung up. I think its within a week or 2 before the event that they can go up. So posting them around campus now will get teh gaming club a fine. BUT you can hang them around asheville wherever, and basically anywhere other than on campus. As far as the costs go, ill see what we can do as soon as possible and let you know a waffle.

Keep in mind that it usually takes the print shop an incredibly long time to "get to" our fliers. They used to average 3 weeks to print them. We need to have them finalized and sent to be printed by this time next week to ensure that we get them in time. We may get them really quick, which would be great, but I'd rather them sit around and collect a little dust than not be ready in time.

Also worth noting is that I don't think we've ever posted fliers on campus more than a week ahead of time. Anything longer and they would typically be torn down by RA's or other clubs.

this last time, what flyers we did have, they actually printed them up for us and we got them back within just 2 or 3 hours. But i will make sure they are in to them in plenty of time

Wow. Just...

...*edited*.

Did a hot chick turn them in or something :lol:

I sent an email, went the following day asked if they were ready, he said come back in half an hour and they were done

They are pretty good about getting them back within 24 - 48hrs of sending in the email.

well idk

8:18 PM

Smash Bros. Vote

A vote was held on which Smash Bros. game would be used for the tournament. The results:

Melee —7

Brawl – 11

Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Super Smash Bros. Melee will be hosted at LAN 2010.3.

Brawl won but says melee will be hosted think its a typo

As far as A waffle's design goes i would like to use them as posters just gotta get a price check from the print shop only thing i noticed missing(and thats bc i forgot to put it on mine :P) is the start time which will be 2pm