An Intro and question

Dur, posted this originally in the wrong spot :P

Hey, my names Mackenzie, also known as Mangamastermind or Grandmastermind.

What do i love in gaming? Console wise, i'm a computer player, always have been, always will be. Even though every time i get a pc, its always behind what i need it to be at.

Games wise i play mostly Warhammer 40k Dawn of war. Not much of a console player, but i used to be into PS1 and 2 as well as X-box 360.

But here is my question to YOU gaming club. I am looking for a place for D&D and Warhammer 40k. Can anyone tell me if someone plays that here?

Dur, posted this originally in the wrong spot :P

Hey, my names Mackenzie, also known as Mangamastermind or Grandmastermind.

What do i love in gaming? Console wise, i'm a computer player, always have been, always will be. Even though every time i get a pc, its always behind what i need it to be at.

Games wise i play mostly Warhammer 40k Dawn of war. Not much of a console player, but i used to be into PS1 and 2 as well as X-box 360.

But here is my question to YOU gaming club. I am looking for a place for D&D and Warhammer 40k. Can anyone tell me if someone plays that here?

Hey welcome to the forums!

I'm pretty sure YouWinGameOver (UMF Happy Glimore) plays or played D&D. You can shoot him a question in a pm as I am not acquainted with that stuff.

Any other questions just ask around.

Welcome to the Club!

Welcome to our happy forums. Stay away from the political section.

What Ephraim meant to say was, enter the political section at your own risk. There are lots of turds flying, left and right. :P

Edited by NuRayZ

From what I've heard, the next meeting is on the 3rd week of October in the UC.

Also, I know MasterP probably frowns at me saying this, but the Commuter's Lounge in the second floor of the UC is a good place to find gamers. There's a lot of gamers of all types who hang out in there, including console, PC, D+D, W40K, MTG, monster hunter, and larp fans. Several officers of the club also chill in there sometimes.

I don't frown on hanging out in the commuter lounge, if you can stand the smell by all means. What I frown on is the frequency of hanging out there being used as a metric to determine how active someone is in the club. For instance, a PC VP can always be in the lounge but never check the forums and he's consider to be active in the club.

inb4 the bash, I'm not talking about felix

The new lounge (whether it's the change of crowd or the change of location) is a lot nicer smell-wise. And to your point on club activity, the lounge crowd shows up to the majority of the events, as opposed to the forums, where the majority of users aren't even WCU students. For example, only 3 out of 9 of today's top posters are WCU students.

Really mitch? dont even start.

Don't start what? He brought it up and said I would frown on it. If I walk in your dorm room, say "you aren't going to like this" and then poked you in the face with a stick I'm sure you'd react.

This is about Warhammer and D&D, let's stay on topic please.

Is Dawn of War any good? I know Relic makes 100% epic games strategy games but never really got into DoW.

Don't start what? He brought it up and said I would frown on it. If I walk in your dorm room, say "you aren't going to like this" and then poked you in the face with a stick I'm sure you'd react.

Is Dawn of War any good? I know Relic makes 100% epic games strategy games but never really got into DoW.

I've played the games up to dark crusade, and I like them better then I do Starcraft or most other games i've played. In truth thats mostly because i dont have the best computer in the world and i cant really play many games without extreme lag, but i digress.

You have a bunch of different races with totally different play styles attached to them. You have great wartorn landscapes, and a great storyline for each game.

But the best part is the units. Almost all units are squad baced units, and you can increace the size of there squad by spending requisition and power. You can also give them different wargear (weaponry given to the soldiers to help adapt them to the current situation), though the space marines are the most customisable in this reguard. The epic end game units are also fantastic. Heres some examples of the best units: Summoning a avatar of the god of war, the grim reaper, and a demon from the depths of the psionic abyss!

Theres a few demos on steam if you want to give the game a shot. If you need me, i'll be getting a good Waaaagh!!! in order for my boyz.

BTW don't bother with DDO. I loved playing through most of the game but in the end it is a decision to shell out a *edited* ton of money or just do the quests enough times that you can "elite" on your own.

I am tempted to play Dawn of War.

And I do have to say that if you don't already own Civ 5 DO NOT BUY IT. Since the demo I have put in over 40hrs of game-play and I have barely been playing a week now... or actually its been exactly 1 week. If you do have it contact me and we should get a game going.

Another game I would recommend trying but not buying and this time I am serious on the not buying part is Nation Red. It is a good game for single player however certain parts are beyond hard. There isn't too much skill involved with the game however it can be fun. I haven't played online yet because you have to have a person you know who has the game, play with you.

BTW don't bother with DDO. I loved playing through most of the game but in the end it is a decision to shell out a *edited* ton of money or just do the quests enough times that you can "elite" on your own.

I am tempted to play Dawn of War.

And I do have to say that if you don't already own Civ 5 DO NOT BUY IT. Since the demo I have put in over 40hrs of game-play and I have barely been playing a week now... or actually its been exactly 1 week. If you do have it contact me and we should get a game going.

Another game I would recommend trying but not buying and this time I am serious on the not buying part is Nation Red. It is a good game for single player however certain parts are beyond hard. There isn't too much skill involved with the game however it can be fun. I haven't played online yet because you have to have a person you know who has the game, play with you.

Lol, i have Civ 4. My PC is a little intimidated by Civ 5, but i think i might be able to get it. But your right, the civ series is ADDICTING....

Mitch:

I wasn't talking to you, I was just referring to you.

If I was talking to you, I would have said "I know you will probably frown at me saying this..."

Please stop getting your panties in a knot over trivial stuff.

Mackenzie:

The commuter lounge is on the second floor of the UC right above Papa John's. It's usually inhabited from about 12 to 6 on weekdays. A lot of the people there also attend the weekly mini-LANs on Saturdays in Central Drive Hall.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hesitent toward MMORPG's in general. Always tried to get into WoW and City of hero's, but couldnt manage it. Not enough friend online i guess. *Shrug* Oh well.

edit: Where is the computer lounge anyway?

I just opened my account for wow because I got a few months for free, i barely play it though...I mean after all we are in college lol. But hey if anyone every wants to play BFBC2, cs1.6, source, medal of honor, old halo, or wow or any new game hit me up (text or dont bother 9105274940), ill try to get the game if i dont have it(if its any good). I dont have a console atm, feel I have more control with a computer... =} . Never played warhammer but I dont play any click mmos or auto mmos if it is one.

I would go to the lounges to see whats up and stuff but I am not bringing a full size tower with cords going throughout my dorm =/. Too much trouble for an hr or so of fun from something I can do in my dorm.

Btw: you sure they are mitches panties? fussing online is like seeing who can chug milk faster, either way , the winner is still an idiot...lol

Edited by Dustin

Btw: you sure they are mitches panties? fussing online is like seeing who can chug milk faster, either way , the winner is still an idiot...lol

I can't attest to what Liquid's panties are like but mine seem much more like boxers. Idk how that works :rolleyes:

Anytime you get a game of old Halo going let me know. I used to rock the headshots in that game and my warthog driving is some of the best you'll ever see.