Currently the main stories on news websites:

FOXNews: Federal Judge Allows Suit Against Health Care Law to Proceed

CNN: CVS to pay record $77 million over drug sales

MSNBC: Tunnel vision: Picture this 35-mile ride under the Alps

ABC: GOLD RUSH: From iPods to Trips, Miners Are Showered With Gifts

CBS: Most Chile Miners to Leave Hospital Today

So a 20-state lawsuit against the government just got cleared to proceed and CNN/MSNBC don't even mention it in the backpages of their websites, instead opting to discuss CVS's lack of carding for aspirin purchase and a 35 mile rail tunnel under a mountain on another continent. I guess that's better than ABC/CBS which are still stuck on Chile.

I mean I'm sure there are people out there that care about CVS and a tunnel that took 23 years to build and only saves an hour of travel but I mean *edited*.

You can call FOX biased all you want but if you honestly believe that CVS paying fines, a tunnel in another country, and what the Chilean miners are doing after being rescued is more important to the average American than a massive lawsuit against their government you need your head examined.

I'm sorry but how does that prove they are unbiased? Or let me rephrase, how does it make any of the news agencies biased for headlining one story over another? They are just targeting their audience.

inb4 fox news has the largest audience which means their headline is somehow better than another. Do you think everyone who watches fox news, is watching because they agree with what they say? Negative. A target audience isn't always the ones that love you, *edited*ing people off will bring in listeners/watchers too. Besides, Fox isn't the only group that targets it's haters. Look at this article cnn posted earlier, the comments are polar opposite to the author's viewpoint:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/10/14/navarrette.pot.prop/index.html?hpt=C2

And while I'm on targeting audience's, lets take a look at fox news' "most read" article:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/10/14/hosts-walk-view-argument-oreilly-ground-zero-mosque/

drama and extremism (bill oreily on one of the most extreme shows on the freaking planet) sells. The View hurts my head, actually most (extreme) feminists hurt my head.

Edited by NuRayZ

I'm sorry but how does that prove they are unbiased? Or let me rephrase, how does it make any of the news agencies (fox included) biased for headlining one story over another? They are just targeting their audience.

It has nothing to do with audience targetting. The other networks aren't even reporting on it. Targetting an audience means putting certain things on the homepage but still reporting on the rest. CNN/MSNBC/etc aren't even reporting this. At all. You can't find it anywhere on their website. That's not targetting an audience, that's burying a story you don't like.

Look at this article cnn posted earlier, the comments are polar opposite to the author's viewpoint:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/10/14/navarrette.pot.prop/index.html?hpt=C2

I'm talking about actual articles, you're talking about commentator and opinion sections. Commentators don't represent the networks or, necessarily, facts. Take a look at the italicized text at the bottom of that article.

And while I'm on fox's audience, lets take a look at their "most read" article:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/10/14/hosts-walk-view-argument-oreilly-ground-zero-mosque/

drama and extremism (bill oreily on one of the most extreme shows on the freaking planet) sells. The View hurts my head, actually most (extreme) feminists hurt my head.

If you watch The View, you are too retarded to be worthy of my time. The women on there just yell and argue until guests yield to their point of view and whenever a guest has a brain and doesn't they rage. "We’re back because now you apologized"... good grief. If they were telling the truth it'd have read: "We're back because our boss said if we didn't we'd be fired."

Btw, every network's audience cares about the people on it. When MSNBC anchors got into it with Jon Leibowitz and utterly embarrased the entire network that was their most watched video of the month.

You can sit there and say O'Reilly has one of the most extreme shows on the planet, and I'd partially agree, but his ratings are extremely high for a news-opinion show. At one point his show had more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined during that timeslot, I'm sure it's probably grown since then. Regardless of viewercount, a 14 year old show is nothing to laugh at.

It has nothing to do with audience targetting. The other networks aren't even reporting on it. Targetting an audience means putting certain things on the homepage but still reporting on the rest. CNN/MSNBC/etc aren't even reporting this. At all. You can't find it anywhere on their website.

You sure you looked?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/14/health.care.challenge/index.html?iref=allsearch

it says it was posted 3 hours ago. I still don't see how it proves a news organization is biased or unbiased. Just because Fox headlined it and cnn didn't doesn't mean anything. Besides, they change headlines every few hours anyway.

I thought it was pretty unprofessional what they did to Bill Oreilly. I hate whoopi and that one red head anyway. At least what's her face defended bill a little, and knows how to be a reporter/host.

also it's no fair you can edit your posts and not have the little edited by: thingy pop up

Edited by NuRayZ

It has nothing to do with audience targetting. The other networks aren't even reporting on it. Targetting an audience means putting certain things on the homepage but still reporting on the rest. CNN/MSNBC/etc aren't even reporting this. At all. You can't find it anywhere on their website.

You sure you looked?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/14/health.care.challenge/index.html?iref=allsearch

it says it was posted 3 hours ago. I still don't see how it proves a news organization is biased or unbiased. Just because Fox headlined it and cnn didn't doesn't mean anything. Besides, they change headlines every few hours anyway.

Yes I looked. When I made the OP none of the others had reported on it and at Fox it had been the headline for well over an hour. CNN didn't have an article on it until about an hour after a producer there blogged about it and MSNBC didn't have it until about an hour ago. In typical MSNBC reporting fashion, they just copy/pasted the AP release on it <_>

I thought it was pretty unprofessional what they did to Bill Oreilly. I hate whoopi and that one red head anyway. At least what's her face defended bill a little, and knows how to be a reporter/host.

The thing with Bill is that you can't BS your way out of an argument with him. If you go into the discussion with facts and a no-BS attitude you can have the complete opposite opinion but still have a meaningful conversation with him. When you go into the argument with just your opinion and a bag of obsenities to yell then yeah, he's going to wipe the floor with you and you're going to ragequit. An argument against any competant person would end the exact same way.

And I agree, Whoopie and Joy have no business being on a show like that. After being on the wrong side of public outcry over discussions on that show it's really not surprising that she would be professional about it. She's learned what happens when you blindly defend the actions of irrational people and definately won't make *that* mistake again. lol