Sign in to follow this  
rainefardreamer

Alpha Centurai

So i've been playing this a lot recently, related to my craze of Master of Magic (*edited* is SO cash, dl it, play it you'll need dosbox but it's pretty much awesome). Anyways i had worked my way up to talent, not really pushing it, but i pretty much curbstomped all the guys when i was hive and i got a *edited* score. i tried it again as hive, but let myself tech up a bit and i got a much higher score. I think the game gives way too many points for tech advances.

i've been really digging hive for their mad industry bonus, and i've been tempted to turn on capturing bases gets you available tech and just letting the hive run on stolen tech and massive waves of troops. I like the morganites and strangely the gaians for their ridiculous growth and industry (plus if you get lucky you can mine the world for mind worlds and run people over really early in the game)

just kind of curious what your thoughts are

I was so close to getting into this game back in the day but I heard it was a time vampire and passed.

Unfortunately not long after that I got into SW Rebellion and spent the next 4 months in one SP game...