America has the attention span and memory equivolent to that of a gold fish.

Dem's had their shot...

AFAIK you still have control over the senate and the white house so I wouldn't be complaining too much. Besides if the Republicans screw it up it could go back the other way just as easy.

Obama is still just as delusional as he was a week ago.

"I don't think voters want us to spend the next 2 years changing what's already been done."

The next 2 years are going to be abysmal. Nothing is going to get done. The largest flip in the House since the 1940s and democrats keep moving on business as usual. This is surreal.

The Democrats no longer have the House, Grayson is out on his *edited*, and Nancy Pelosi isn't the the Speaker any more. All in all, a good night.

Oh, and before I forget:

nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya

Nothing is going to get done.

Okay I want to try and word this without getting into an argument. Basically what do you think should get done? Let's hypothetically speak for a second, if a truly conservative, as in not a RINO, government came into office right after bush, how would they have handled the things that has happened these past two years and what would have they "gotten done"?

Their reaction towards Bush 700 B bailout:

What they would have done for the ailing economy (including loss of jobs, stemming the recession, etc):

Wars in middle east:

Anything extra, what would they improve on, what they would propose and pass in congress (health care reform?):

The image I get is similar to what you just said, I think nothing would get done. So i figured you might know because you're, well, conservative and all.

EDIT: After writing this message, i go find this article, at Fox News of all places. A *edited* good article I gotta say, and the guy's name is Trippi lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/11/03/joe-trippi-house-democrats-wave-election-sweep-obama-gop-tea-party-america/

Edited by major newrayz

Their reaction towards Bush 700 B bailout:

Bush was a RINO and few conservatives voted for the bailout. Once a spending bill like that's been passed there's realisticall nothing that can be done about it other than prevent followups.

What they would have done for the ailing economy (including loss of jobs, stemming the recession, etc):

Had Obama done nothing, as in kept ALL existing policies and tax rates in place, the economy was modelled to have already recovered by now. The reason many businesses have cut hiring this year is because they still don't know for sure what their tax rates will be next year. Any tax cut extension for businesses passed now won't affect the tax hikes for the first quarter of 2011.

What Obama did was the exact same thing FDR did in the 30s, pass bill after bill and create program after program and in the short term there was improvement but you can't use bandaids to fix a long term problem. It's interesting, if you study economics you'll find that the reason politicians think the government can positively affect the economy is largely in part to the keynesian economic model. This model was developed in the 1930s, oddly enough during the worst economic times in the US, and when FDR followed it to the letter by using government stimulus to fund programs and job "growth" it failed. Miserably. This economic model, which is confusing at best and completely unrealistic at worst, is the model that Bush and Obama used to push their stimulus programs. Look how, 70 years later, it still fails to create jobs. In theory, the math looks great. When you apply the whole "real world" equation to it all the math on it falls apart. Most economists now say that if FDR had kept his fingers off the economy we'd have recovered almost completely and had a stable economy by the mid-1930s, just like the rest of the world did.

So I guess in tl:dr, Obama pulled an FDR and the end result was the same. Doing nothing is ALWAYS better than doing something that could drastically make things worse.

Wars in middle east:

They would have done the same Obama did but would have allowed the Afghan and Iraqi governments set the timetable for it. The surge in Afghanistan was a long time coming but Republicans couldn't do it without committing political suicide, the dems would have torn them up over it. When the US started pulling out of Iraqi cities, everyone over there cheered and partied, until they discovered that their police forces were not ready and violence increased exponentially.

One thing to keep in mind, they never actually stopped the insurgency in Iraq. One a timeline was set the number of attacks seemed to go down almost overnight. I think Obama has set himself up for a dismal backlash from insurgents and I don't think anyone in Washington will see it coming until CNN reports that our three embassies there have been overrun.

Anything extra, what would they improve on, what they would propose and pass in congress (health care reform?):

Don't have the time but will hit this later. There's a ton that could have been done without all the complete overhauls that were done.

The image I get is similar to what you just said, I think nothing would get done. So i figured you might know because you're, well, conservative and all.

The problem is that democrats are oblivious to the fact that they just lost the ability to pass legislation. All spending and taxation bills are writen by the House, which republicans now have a sizable majority. Now, republicans can not only shut the senate down through filibuster but they can push bills through the House without needing a single democrat vote. Instead of changing to a constructive, "hey we lost so now let's work together" attitude like Clinton did in 94, Obama still maintains that "if republicans have some ideas, we'll consider them." No dumbass, if YOU have ideas WE'LL consider them. The losers don't dictate policy, something democrats took full advantage of while they held majorities in both houses of congress. This is the only reason I'm glad the tea party gained so much ground, they aren't going to go to Washington with a "let's do it their way" attitude, they go there with a "you *edited*ed America off and they voted you out, now we run things and we'll do it our way" attitude. This isn't going to be good for democrats and they'll run as much "anti-cooperation" propaganda as they can, but with so many democrat senators with unfavorable poll numbers up for re-election in 2012, they're going to have to start voting how their constituents want, rather than how Obama and Reid tell them. All it takes is a couple democrats to allow republicans to push a bill through congress and if something polarized, like a repeal of Obamacare managed to pass the senate, it would force Obama to pick between veto'ing congress, which will cost him re-election and negate all constructionist propaganda, and preserving his agenda. I honestly think he'd give up re-election and cost democrats tons of congressional seats in 2012 if it meant his agenda stayed on the books, if only for another 2 years.

One thing I like though, the republicans seem to be backing Boehner and from what I've seen and read he's the perfect guy for the job. He has a nice conservative touch to him but he's not a wacko about it, and he's a good public speaker. Obama and Gibbs have trash talked him hard in recent months but now that'll be stopping. lol

If he can push the republican agenda and maintain the relationship between mainline republicans, conservatives, and the tea party, I'd say we have a perfect presidential candidate for 2012. Getting those 3 to agree on social issues is going to be like driving donuts in a minefield but if he can pull that off being president would be simple by comparison.