Lemm's No New Content Thread

So anyone know any really cool things you can do with a home network / wireless router.. I haz it now and I feel like I want to do MOAR.. although I don't know what more I can do.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

i've been playing age of empires 2

no expansion

goth spearmen hordes have been my victory

seriously, just max wood and food, some gold and rush with pikemen (upgraded spearmen) and i dominate. i do use some rams because they offer good damage without friendly fire killing all my guys or requiring setup time or spotters or castles. *edited* castles, 4 barracks and churn out the pikemen

but of course, i've only been playing the computer. but i love this. against normal infantry i suffer, but typically i have so many more than the computer than i overrun their troops. if they have cavalry? they get ze raped by the pikeys. *edited* is SO cash

this has been a 'raine has too much free time' update in the 'lemm needs things to read thread'

I always preferred the Chinese chu ko nu. Since they fire 3 arrows per volley they do very well against most units and still maintain good damage against anti-archer units. It also serves as an extremely powerful garrison unit. The only way to counter a mass of them is an even larger mass of heavy horse or ranged artillery, which typically doesn't stay ranged for long :)

At 40 wood and 35 gold it's a really cheap way unit to mass produce and with conscription takes very little time to produce.

Lemm is the bomb! LemmBomb!

:honored: :)

I've never played empires... so I don't totally understand your epic game playing story. Is the object of the game to rule the world?

When you account for inflation, Star Trek 4 is the highest grossing film in the series to date. WITHOUT accounting for inflation it's still higher than all the others except ST11 in 2009. The budget? 1/6 of what the newest one used.

Don't get me wrong, ST11 is decent but for all the visuals I still like ST2, ST4, and ST6 more. The plot seemed stale and reused. I mean aliens traveling from the future to destroy the federation? The ENTIRE Star Trek Enterprise series was based on that plot.

Maybe ST12 will be better, idk. Hopefully it doesn't involve a giant spacecloud, Khan, time travel, or whales. If it does I'll feel as ripped off as my dad did with the Battlestar Galactica remake.

I've never really had an urge to see the Star Trek reboot. Even though everybody raves about how awesome it is, it just seems like a really dumbed down version of Star Trek.

On a related note: if you would like to read a review of the new Star Trek from a homosexual Canadian with serious psychological problems, click here!

It was a good movie.. it was not a dumbed down version of star trek.. Haters gonna hate.

I've seen all the classic star trek movies and all the next gen movies. I think the only reason people aren't liking it is because it's making Star Trek more mainstream and popular to people who aren't nerds.

I really don't care either way. I liked the story and I liked the cast.. They could have done a lot worse..

I never actually saw the movie, but I gathered from the trailers and reviews that Abrahms threw more sex and action scenes into the formula to get more young people in the theaters while downplaying the contemplative and philosophical elements of the series. This is what made Voyager and Enterprise inferior to the previous three shows.

One thing I am curious about: I understand that some sort of time traveling mishap changed the backstory of the original series and created a whole new timeline. Does this mean that the original Star Trek universe has been replaced or is it supposed to still exist in a parallel universe or something?

dont hate but my fav ST was ST 8... yeah its not REAL ST cause its TNG but pat stewart is the man

I grew up with TNG.. and have always considered it my favorite generation (tee hee).

ENGAGE

Honestly though if they could put more sex / action scenes in the original star trek, I'm sure they would have. Captain Kirk was a playa. There weren't any sex scenes in the new Star Trek movie though other than the Kirk hiding under the bed scene.. which only implied that something happened.

I didn't mean there were more sex scenes so much as there was more sexuality in general. Again, I didn't see the movie, but I recall the trailers playing up some scantily clad women. It seemed a bit sleazy for Star Trek, closer to a trailer for a teenage comedy than a sci-fi film.