Okay so everyone knows North Korea has been increasingly problematic and aggressive. From the sinking of that ship, to firing artillery onto civilian islands. So, why the fack have we not blown them off the planet? (rhetorical question, yes i realize homo diplomacy and china and all that *edited*)

I mean I like the fact that we are sending our aircraft carrier to the exact spot of yesterdays incident; maybe they'll be dumb enough to shoot at our stuff. As much as I dislike war, if i had to choose an enemy country to go to war against, it would be north korea. I don't want to say I'm hoping we do, but I feel they need to be put in their place.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/24/koreas.crisis/index.html?hpt=T1

This is what happens when a country doesn't recognize an armistice line.

They'll be at war with each other again in our lifetimes, the North is arrogant enough to think the South would easily fall and the South is ignorant enough to think the US or UN would help them fight.

I once asked my Japanese professor what he would do if North Korea ever attacked Japan. He said he would join the Japanese army to defend his country. Then it hit me that once all the American otaku realized that all their anime and manga were in danger, they would probably join too. What a weird thought...

Sarah Palin supports North Korea.

Your mom supports North Korea.

Japan's "defensive" military is surprisingly strong, due to the WW2 surrender they aren't allowed to have a large military so they've had to keep it modernized and I'd pity any country foolish enough to attack them. It'd be like attacking Israel, it's not necessarily how large the stick is that matters, it's what it's made of that counts.

You can have 10 guys wailing on someone with wiffleball bats but when that guy pulls out an aluminum bat, fight's over.

This is what happens when a country doesn't recognize an armistice line.

They'll be at war with each other again in our lifetimes, the North is arrogant enough to think the South would easily fall and the South is ignorant enough to think the US or UN would help them fight.

Would we not though? I mean we do have a little under 30K troops stationed there. We better start pulling them out now, cause if *edited* does go down, we'd be stuck in between.

The Chinese have always supported the North Koreans. If NK went to war with SK you can be sure China would do what they could to keep the UN and US out of it. They virtually own our consumer economy and have a permanent veto-weild seat in the UN security council.

Japan's "defensive" military is surprisingly strong, due to the WW2 surrender they aren't allowed to have a large military so they've had to keep it modernized and I'd pity any country foolish enough to attack them. It'd be like attacking Israel, it's not necessarily how large the stick is that matters, it's what it's made of that counts.

You can have 10 guys wailing on someone with wiffleball bats but when that guy pulls out an aluminum bat, fight's over.

Japan = Protoss?

On topic, do you Republicans even like Sarah Palin?

The Chinese have always supported the North Koreans. If NK went to war with SK you can be sure China would do what they could to keep the UN and US out of it. They virtually own our consumer economy and have a permanent veto-weild seat in the UN security council.

and our troops currently there? what happens to them? if *edited* goes off there is no way we won't see casualties. If we lose one soldier, i think we ought to retaliate. at the very least a tomahawk missile or two in that direction. Of course we won't do either. If China was g-status they'd say *edited* you NK and do an eiffle tower on their asses. Eiffle tower as shown:

efftow.jpg?t=1290965932

inb4 i know, this would never happen.

Edited by major newrayz

and our troops currently there? what happens to them? if *edited* goes off there is no way we won't see casualties.

We have a full carrier group there. Wouldn't take long to evacuate the local garrison. We actually used a carrier group to evacuate troops from Vietnam during the fall of Saigon. Granted it wouldn't be confortable but with Japan like RIGHT THERE we could easily ferry them to one of our Japanese bases after they're out of the direct line of fire. Tbh though, if China gets *edited*ed at us I'd rather be in SK than on a giant target off shore :unsure:

If we lose one soldier, i think we ought to retaliate. at the very least a tomahawk missile or two in that direction. Of course we won't do either.

Correct, we won't. The rationale will be that our troops should never have been in harms way to begin with and that it's our fault they died. One soldier isn't worth a war but it's definately worth a good bombing run or two. It's unfortunate that carpet bombing isn't on the menu anymore, it was such an effective means of shutting countries down. Civilian casualties are regretably high but in some countries it holds true that every person killed is one less that can shoot at our soldiers. Unfortunately, that rule of thumb holds true for anyone planning on invading the US as well <_>

If China was g-status they'd say *edited* you NK and do an eiffle tower on their asses.

It is unlikely China will ever have a g-status above .1