Sign in to follow this  
melatonin

League of Legends

This game had one of the highest turnouts for any game, so I'm definitely voting this in next semester. I think it got 15 people, which was close the level of Brawl and BlazBlue. The accessibility of the game probably contributed a lot to it's success, as the game is free and the controls are easy to learn. Also, it's different enough from the Blizzard RTSes that I would see no problem running both this and SC:2 at future events.

I prolly coulda got ballz to come if I would have told him that lol was gonna be played.

Edited by Major Lemm

I have two small ideas about holding LoL tournaments:

1) Have the players sign up as teams. I'm not sure if the FPS tournaments do this or not, but it would expedite the event.

2) Have everyone play with accounts of a set level or range of levels. This would add more balance to the tournament.\

Regardless of those changes, we should definitely vote in LoL at the next meeting.

1) Have the players sign up as teams. I'm not sure if the FPS tournaments do this or not, but it would expedite the event.

PC has never done that for FPS games because it kills attendance and ruins gameplay.

The only reason something like would seem to run faster is because fewer people would play it. ASU held PC tournaments that required teams to sign up and their attendance fell through the floor. Even if you offer to create teams on gameday, you're going to be pairing a bunch of noobs or amateur players against teams of pros. The only people having fun are those on the winning teams, everyone else walks away feeling like they just wasted their time.

PC already has several team assignment methods that have worked for years and with many different games. Why not use one of them?

Yeah, it's a good idea on paper, but like communism, it doesn't work very well.

I wish we could have done that with CS:S.

You know maybe if you get people to form teams at your meetings and such and get them playing together then you may be able to have that.. have to have dedicated people though..

Well when I was running it, after a round or so I tried to split up people by skill level.. Most of the people in there played on the CSS server and I was always on so it was a bit easier.. I would have someone like lawlrence help me so I wouldn't be so biased.

If you have weekly sessions, I'm sure you could incorporate this into your planning.

For the on-campus people who may be reading this thread, I highly encourage you to attend the meeting on Thursday. LoL had some rules/organization issues in some of the past LANs, and at the meeting, we plan on smoothing them out before the LAN. This will involve discussion on the rules, teams, and prizes for this game.

I would love to start playing again but sadly I have a mac and i dont even know if my acount would still work. Plus if anyone one needs another player for the 8th match i could join. DO we have to bring our on computers or anything to play and can i try to open my accout on someone computer?

I would love to start playing again but sadly I have a mac and i dont even know if my acount would still work. Plus if anyone one needs another player for the 8th match i could join. DO we have to bring our on computers or anything to play and can i try to open my accout on someone computer?

You account is still active and you can log in using the Windows client.

Why not use Bootcamp to install Windows7 on your Mac?

twitch?

Anywho, there are guides all over the internet. If you want I can write you a step-by-step next week, I've got OSX 10.6 in a virtual machine on my PC :)

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself you can take it to the IT desk in the basement of Hunter Library. Depending on how prioritizing works there now it may take up to a week for it to get done.

Twitch is the rat with the poison tipped arrows in his crossbow. Ability one is stealth 2 is poison damage 3 is a slow ult is rapid fire.

Do we have to have our own computer for the competion things though?

Considering the number of people playing LoL, it would be best if you used your own. The PC section used to have a bunch that didn't play it and some would let others use their computers during the tournament but I don't think that's the case anymore.

You're certainly allowed to borrow someone else's computer to play it but you'd want to secure that guarantee before gameday.