Sign in to follow this  
MasterP

Homebrew on the DSi

The CycloDS team has announced the first flashcard capable of fully utilizing the DSi's enhanced functionality. It fully supports homebrew and ROM playback for both DS and DSi apps/games, autopatches them on-the-fly, and realtime anti-piracy bypassing. Older DS homebrew and games are played in DSi-mode, meaning they have significant performance gains. It is also backwards compatible with DS/DSL and supports uSDHC. It also ships with an update dongle that allows the firmware to be patched if/when Nintendo releases an update to block it.

http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl?page=products-ievo

idk

With the 3DS being out I'm not sure why anyone would still buy one but alot of the anti-homebrew and anti-piracy technology in the DSi was reused in the 3DS so I'd expect a flashcard to come out for it in the next year or so.

The DSi does have a CPU that's twice as fast as the DS so if nothing else it'd be a good emulator platform.

I wouldn't invest in any portable device until the PSP2 comes out... quad core processor so I am told.

I have yet to meet a PSP owner who is still a happy and content owner after a year of ownership. I'm as happy with my DS now as I was when I bought it a few years ago and besides a gripe about the lack of WPA2 on its wifi I really couldn't complain a whole lot about it, especially not when compared to the PSP's 802.11b wifi (wtf?).

Now if it weren't for flashcarts I wouldn't even own one but I'd rather use a flashcart than have to softmod it. With Sony's recent actions to curb legal homebrewing, I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to softmod their PSP.

It seems like Sony is edging towards the same mistake that Sega made with the Gamegear. Yeah it's way cooler than the Nintendo equivalent but you can only play for like two hours before the *edited* thing dies. When we went to NCUR, I took my NDS and Nickname took his PSP. As I remember, I was still playing my DS long after his PSP had died. If the PSP2 has a quadcore, that comparison will only get worse.

I have yet to meet a PSP owner who is still a happy and content owner after a year of ownership. I'm as happy with my DS now as I was when I bought it a few years ago and besides a gripe about the lack of WPA2 on its wifi I really couldn't complain a whole lot about it, especially not when compared to the PSP's 802.11b wifi (wtf?).

Now if it weren't for flashcarts I wouldn't even own one but I'd rather use a flashcart than have to softmod it. With Sony's recent actions to curb legal homebrewing, I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to softmod their PSP.

It seems like Sony is edging towards the same mistake that Sega made with the Gamegear. Yeah it's way cooler than the Nintendo equivalent but you can only play for like two hours before the *edited* thing dies. When we went to NCUR, I took my NDS and Nickname took his PSP. As I remember, I was still playing my DS long after his PSP had died. If the PSP2 has a quadcore, that comparison will only get worse.

in my psp's defense, i didnt charge it before we left, lol, but yes it did die pretty early in the trip and IIRC I forgot my charger... fail...

But I do still like my PSP, just don't play it much, though I wouldn't play a DSi/3DS/whatever nintendo has now either