Sign in to follow this  
Thaz

What keeps you going in WoW?

Currently working on my 4th 85, which will be my rogue. But after gearing the previous three I have hit some sort of gaming block. The game is starting to lose it's fun factor. However, I don't raid and most of my day is spent in battlegrounds. Just curious what keeps you guys interested in the game. I don't even know if there will even be a response to this, seeing how this section seems pretty dead.

Getting "burnt out" sucks and only time can reverse it. Walk away for a week or so, it'll either reinvigorate your desire to play or show you it's time to move on.

here is advice from an old Wow player. If you haven't typed /played already, do it. If the amount of time doesn't depress the *edited* out of you, you must not have a conscious. Wow lost it's "wow" factor a long long time ago...i would say drop it and move on, but that's just me.

hypothetically speaking, say you play only 4 hours a night, 5 times a week. anyone who seriously plays wow, plays on average more than that i'm assuming, but for hypothetical 4 hours should work. In a year you'll have wasted 43 and a third days sitting playing the same game. bump that time up 2 hours (6 hours average a night, 5 nights a week.) that's 65 days wasted a year sitting playing the same game. Let's just say you spend 20 weeks of the 52, playing 8 hours a day on the weekend. That would be an extra 13 days on top of the 65. Not to sound like a mom but the game is designed to consume your life. Hell people have died playing this *edited* lol

Edited by major newrayz

I used to be really into WoW (my highest level character was a lvl 70 Undead Mage), but I just kinda got bored with it. Since Cataclysm came out, I've been thinking about getting back into it, but I wouldn't be playing it enough to justify the $15 a month. Maybe this summer.

I wouldn't be playing it enough to justify the $15 a month.

This is why I quit after the closed beta ended back in 2004. Great game but junior/senior HS and college students should not be spending that much time in a game that doesn't end or build RL friendships.

I started playing in July and stopped playing after my two 80s hit 85, which was like early January or something. For the last month, I just lost interest. I like that they made the dungeons harder, they added new quests/removed some of the old ones, and changed the entire world, but I just don't feel like playing dungeons anymore. I kept finding them annoying because they were so tough, but then again, it was still new to everyone, so of course we were wiping a lot. I also didn't do anything with my gear, though. No gems, enchants -- hell, I'm still carrying items from questing cuz I wasn't getting a whole lot of good drops for a priest (guess I'd have to get *edited* crafted).

I don't do raids (see the part where I mention that my gear isn't great). If I went back to playing, I'd probably like to start a new toon just so I could play the new quests or level my professions on my 85s.

Before I lost interest in WoW, though, the thing that I liked the most was leveling my toon. When I hit 80, I got kinda bored, too, now that I think about it. Next was leveling my professions, lol.