Video game research project being conducted at WCU

Hey guys. I am a graduate student in the Clinical Psychology program and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in this study. Please email any of the graduate students listed below if you or someone you know is interested.

Hello everyone,

We are currently in the process of completing a psychological study involving video games and performance. The purpose of this study is to see if there is a correlation between video game performance and spatial intelligence. I would you like to invite everyone to consider participating in a psychological study devised by several graduate students from the Clinical Psychology Mater’s program at Western Carolina University. You will only be asked to devote 45 minutes to 60 minutes of your time to participate in this study.

In this study, you will be asked to perform a number of tasks, including taking several subtests from the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, playing some short video games, and filling out some pencil-and-paper measurements. These measures include demographic information, and other information. You may participate in this study if you are at least 18 years of age. You may not participate in this study if you are under the age of 18.

Any information about your participation in this study, including your identity, is completely confidential. Only the primary researcher and faculty advisor will have access to the names of the participants and their scores. This information will not be shared with 3rd parties.

If you would be interested in participating in this study please contact any of the following graduate students.

David Solomon (dsolomon1@catamount.wcu.edu)

Trevor Dennie (tmdennie1@catamount.wcu.edu)

James McAbee (jlmcabee@catamount.wcu.edu)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes this study would count as one. But he can only participate if you do not tell him about what you did (in detail).

Sorry I have replied sooner. I have not been on these forums in quite a while.

You can tell anyone you would like about this study that you believe would be interested in participating.