Sign in to follow this  
Bloodedge

Quantum Games

They are giving us discounts on MTG boxs (like fat packs) and they will be giving us free swag here and there. Concerning the banner, they will be sending me one soon.

Did I post the wrong website?

That's why I asked their website, the one you posted was Canadian :unsure:

ok im just gonna say it u said they're providing discounts r they sending discount cards to be handing out or are items being bought at a discount that they have provided. and if the latter instead of the former then who is providing the money to purchase hte discounted items? bc surely you dont plan on using club money to purchase discounted swag? and free swag here or there r they sending it for the LAN?

im sorry but it just seems really confusing and a bit un detailed and i'd like some more details so i can understand wat is going on

ok im just gonna say it u said they're providing discounts r they sending discount cards to be handing out or are items being bought at a discount that they have provided. and if the latter instead of the former then who is providing the money to purchase hte discounted items?

They're selling us card boxes at a discount, likely 25% or so. I seriously doubt they would give us a discount below the at-cost price of the item though.

I didn't want to be the first to say it, because every time I do it *edited*es people off, but we really need to get out of the habit of buying prizes with club money.

It's nice to know the next generation of our leaders holds a similar mentality.

And no, I don't think we're buying SWAG. If we are someone needs to be tossed in a fire for epicly stupid decision making.

ok im just gonna say it u said they're providing discounts r they sending discount cards to be handing out or are items being bought at a discount that they have provided. and if the latter instead of the former then who is providing the money to purchase hte discounted items?

They're selling us card boxes at a discount, likely 25% or so. I seriously doubt they would give us a discount below the at-cost price of the item though.

I didn't want to be the first to say it, because every time I do it *edited*es people off, but we really need to get out of the habit of buying prizes with club money.

And no, I don't think we're buying SWAG. If we are someone needs to be tossed in a fire for epicly stupid decision making.

Yea, Mitch pretty much has the idea. We will be getting discounts on the cards for our TCG side of the club so we can hold more events like MTG drafts like FTE (Felix Takes Ecstacy) did and we will be getting free swag as well. Since we actually have sponsors now, we will only be using money to buy prizes for tournaments that we can't get a prize for (which seems unlikely now that we have so many sponsors but even if that is the case, we still have prizes from previous LANs left over) for booking rooms, etc. you guys get the idea. By the way everyone, send me a PM with the email address of your sponsor so after the LAN, I can send the pictures out to them.

Edited by Bloodedge

Yea, Mitch pretty much has the idea. We will be getting discounts on the cards for our TCG side of the club so we can hold more events like MTG drafts like FTE (Felix Takes Ecstacy) did and we will be getting free swag as well. Since we actually have sponsors now, we will only be using money to buy prizes for tournaments that we can't get a prize for (which seems unlikely now that we have so many sponsors but even if that is the case, we still have prizes from previous LANs left over) for booking rooms, etc. you guys get the idea. By the way everyone, send me a PM with the email address of your sponsor so after the LAN, I can send the pictures out to them.

ok so we are getting a discount on the cards but who is paying for the cards is my main question?

By the way, let me reiterate since my post saying this has dissappeard (or maybe im looking in the wrong thread), Quantum Games is within driving distance of WCU (Franklin) so swing by and show them some love when it comes to your magic card needs!

How much are the packs normally? How are the attendance to these tournaments at the LAN?

Fat packs are around $40 (before the discount), packs are around $4 per pack. We dont hold these during the LAN event because of the atmosphere (with people wanting it to be dark) so we hold them separate. Last time we held a Magic tournament, I believe we had somewhere around 15 to 20 people show up. This isnt bad considering there was no advertisement for it and was strictly word of mouth. If we advertise for these tournaments, im betting we could have even higher numbers.

If we do a draft, which is what we will do if we do have any Magic tournaments, there will be an entrance fee. It will cover the cost of the cards that the participants will receive for the draft and nothing else. As for the actual price, I have yet to determine one but will come up with one soon.

Edited by Bloodedge

If we do a draft, which is what we will do if we do have any Magic tournaments, there will be an entrance fee. It will cover the cost of the cards that the participants will receive for the draft and nothing else. As for the actual price, I have yet to determine one but will come up with one soon.

Why not make it the same as the LAN entry fee?

Sign in to follow this