Name

1. Amanda Grippe (Studious1)

2. Anne Dellinger (Amazon294)

3. BJ Wanlund (Yoshicus86)

4. Matthew Wiard (Waffle)

5. TJ Mitchell

6. Rogen Gardner (Ragrith Zwain)

7. Diego Francisco-Pedro

8. JaVaron Washington (Yo Jay Wats Ur Name)

9. Kenyatta Fortune

10. Scott Burr (NOOBY)

11. Anthony Vitanza (Catamount14)

12. Matt Scott (Tmanscott)

13. Matt McChargue (thtsMR22u89)

14. Alex Berry (the7eyesmask)

15. Mike Curtis (ToXca)

16. Sawyer Lawler (Redphace)

17. Ryan Robinson (thisthat)

18. Nicholas Sanders (ch4rged)

19. Jonathan Whisnant (Jwhis)

20. Mark Williams (Wakallocka)

21. Joseph Spears

22. Michael Huffman (FTE Kaz-ka)

23. Joshua Daniels (Felix)

24. Michael Hicks (Hadouken)

25. Garrett Gomez (ManlyMoose)

26. Hobert Campbell (Heeroshin)

27. Justin Guy (Crash dummy X)

28. Christopher Campbell (Omen)

29. ? Chivon Yarey

30. Mike Marchese (EternalMortality)

31. Mike Smith (Human Shield)

32. Joseph DeLong (Thor)

33. Vincent Aponte (Xanatos)

34. Sean Dowey (Liquid)

35. Dustin Faulkner (Ravax)

36. Ric Huneycutt

37. Jason Fesperman

38. Frank D'Auria (Frankage)

39. Ephraim Freed (Retarded the Clown)

40. Casey Scarboro

41. ? Empokomo Eric

42. Shannon Valk (Shannannonnan)

43. Daniel Cable (Tallgeese)

44. Josh Shank (Audacity)

45. Andre Ovillama

46. Jen Carmen

47. Austin Imbleau

48. Daniel Bardelan

49. Rios Diego

50. Kyle Kilby (Nin-kin)

51. Haroun Azizi (Gunrose)

52. Philip Huneycutt

53. Trevor Dennie

54. Amanda McNally (Livingdeaddoll13)

? = could not read handwriting, gave possible name

He was never officially banned because he is friends with several execs and because of some constitutional nonsense.

I'd also like to point out that 54 is terrible attendance.

He was never officially banned because he is friends with several execs and because of some constitutional nonsense.

I'd also like to point out that 54 is terrible attendance.

hopefully it will increase with next semester's fresh meat. We need to just take games that are massivlely played and put them in the spotlight and put more time towards them.

hopefully it will increase with next semester's fresh meat. We need to just take games that are massivlely played and put them in the spotlight and put more time towards them.

Thank you <3

Another thing we should try to focus on are rage quitters. We had a huge amount of Freshman ragequit on us during the first LAN of last semester and I know for a fact that they did not return for the second, which hurt us. We need to look into more options to fix this problem.

Why did they ragequit?

Considering that they were freshmen it would be a fair guess that they'd never played in such a competitive environment and that can be a major turnoff for those who came to simply have fun with friends. I know in the past I've ragequit console tournaments over ridiculously fanboyish rulesets so maybe it's time to take a giant step back and look at what will keep the students in the room. We don't HAVE to use professional tournament rulesets, those were created with the understanding that people would get *edited*ed but there'd always be other players to take their place. We don't have that luxury.

IMO the execs need to look over the attendance sheet and try to track down the ones that left and politely ask them why they left, what do they think needs changing, and if there's anything you can do to get them to give us another try. That last one may look like begging them to come but trust me, it makes them feel wanted and when dealing with customers works almost every time. If they cooperate and give information that can be used to improve the club, offer them a discounted entry to the first event next semester. $3 entry or a "2 for 1" offer.

It had something to dO with the Call of Duty tournament, I believe it had something to do with surround sound headsets during the tournament but I'm not 100% sure if that was it. But asking them why they left would be a good idea. Does anyone here know those peoples names?

Hate to necro threads but did you guys really let console players use headsets during the LAN?

Hate to necro threads but did you guys really let console players use headsets during the LAN?

Are you implying console players should not be allowed to wear headsets? If so, why?

The console section is extremely loud and allowing the use headphones gives a distinct advantage that the common player will not have.

Like I said above, if your goal is to create an ultra-competitive environment to the point of having headphones on consoles you're going to have a hard time attracting those who just come to have fun, which is around 80% of the people that attend events. The more competitive something is treated, the less fun it becomes. That is true for every game on every gaming platform. Your goal is to find the common ground in the middle, where competition play is still fun. If you have players taking the win so seriously that they're bringing headphones to get it, you need to swing back towards fun a little. IMO, anyway. At that point the game has changed from "who is better" to "who's bringing the best equalizer" and while we've always had people bring their "special" or "good" controllers (lol yeah ok) we've never allowed players to so blatantly give themselves an advantage over the others.

What happens when someone brings a keyboard and mouse to a Halo Reach tournament? You've already started down the slippery slope, you'd almost have to allow it. Even MS said doing that would be unfair.

The PC section requires everyone to use a headset. Everyone is on the equal footing.

EDIT: Even with "inferior" hardware, the PC section is almost always skill based. I got my first premium headset ($75) at a LAN, won it using a $20 headset. Also got my first premium mouse ($45) at a lan, won it using a $15 logitech. Also got my first premium mousepad ($25) at a lan, won it using... nothing. Actually I think I was using a piece of printer paper but w/e. IIRC most of that was won using a laptop that was absolutely terrible. Nickname can attest to how horrible it was.

"special" or "good" controllers (lol yeah ok)

Hey now, my super special super awesome marvel vs capcom 3 fightstick and mortal kombat 9 fightstick are AWESOME! Dont hate bro lol.

lol I know. I was referring to people who brought in off brands they thought were superior to officially-branded or those who bought in "new" controllers and then refused to share them. I'm guilty of that last one but after paying $50 for one of the original wavebirds there's no way I'm letting it out of my sight :) They're too *edited* hard to find now lol

Fightsticks are kindof an odd exception to my earlier comment because they don't technically give you any advantage. It's like preferring a GCN controller in mario kart wii or SSBB.

Yea fightsticks are an interesting breed of controller. In my opinion, it makes playing games such as SF4 and MK9 feel nostalgic and fun! I kinda want to get one for my Wii to try Smash on it but if it runs at the same price as the other two (MVC3 $150, MK9 $180) I may have to wait.

But getting back on topic, I remember some of the new people were complaining about the headsets because, as previously stated by MasterP, it gives an unfair advantage to people who dont have them. Someone gave me the example of being able to hear footsteps behind a person in COD4 or the firing of a silenced pistol (which should not be possible without headsets).

Yea fightsticks are an interesting breed of controller. In my opinion, it makes playing games such as SF4 and MK9 feel nostalgic and fun! I kinda want to get one for my Wii to try Smash on it but if it runs at the same price as the other two (MVC3 $150, MK9 $180) I may have to wait.

But getting back on topic, I remember some of the new people were complaining about the headsets because, as previously stated by MasterP, it gives an unfair advantage to people who dont have them. Someone gave me the example of being able to hear footsteps behind a person in COD4 or the firing of a silenced pistol (which should not be possible without headsets).

I hear that, I've got a $200 PC joystick. Specialty controllers definately increase the fun factor.

I've played CoD enough to know that I wouldn't want to be using speakers or a TV in an online match. Same with BFBC2 or HaloPC. You can actually tell when someone is using speakers because they're the ones that never hear you sneaking around or take cover when you snipe at them and miss. I have to say, I kinda prefer playing against people like that :D

I understand what you’re saying MasterP but if the gaming club is going to host tournaments they should expect some competitive people showing up. The competitive people are going to want to use the equipment they bought otherwise it would be a waste of money. If you want a non competitive atmosphere then there shouldn’t be tournaments, but rather just have free play. More people would most likely have an opportunity to play if all we did was free play.

As for the people leaving, they were just upset that they had lost in the tournament and decided to take their equipment and leave. It had nothing to do with using headphones during matches; they were some of the ones using them. This has been a touchy topic for me just because if I decide to buy a nice quality headset I would want to use it at anything that is video game related. Sure, I would get use of it at home but why would I not want to use it in a tournament?

This is all IMO. Maybe it’s because I have been around MLG too long, but I feel if you buy something for a specific purpose you should be able to use it.

Kaz if you want their names PM me.

I have nothing against competition or competitive gameplay so long as when everyone sits down to play they're all on equal ground. Again I point to the keyboard/mouse config for the XBOX, using your arguments I'd be able to use that setup, along with my own LCD and gaming headset, during a Reach tournament and I'd wipe the floor with you guys. Even your best MLG players would walk away butthurt over it and they'd be well within their rights to be upset about it.

Also keep in mind the overall issue of precendent. Once you set one you're stuck with whatever it leads to.

Maybe put on the flyer to bring a headset if you have one... then at least players will know what they are getting into.. Or mebbs have a vote in the meeting about it.

I can see where it would be a big advantage, but I can also relate to people being upset that they can't use their equipment that they spent so much money on.

Headsets and controllers are very two different things. MLG allows people to bring their own controller as long its not a modded controller, therefore everyone will be on equal footing. PC people as you said are required to use headsets, who keeps track of that? Are you telling me that if I go to the LAN I will see every single person in the PC section using them?

I can understand that it can be a big advantage, why do you think people buy them in the first place?

Also Mitch, i'll take you on with your challange. If you bring it up, I will play 1v1 against you.

All I am talking about is what i am told. Thats what some guys team was upset about and im pretty sure they were part of the people who ragequit. However i do agree with waffle in the fact that if people do spend their money on this stuff and want to use It then they should be able to. However, i also agree with lemm in the fact that we need to let them know that People will be using headsets. What we can do is have the two teams going against one another to either agree or disagree on the use of headsets, like we do when it comes to fightsticks for games like MvC3 and MK9.

And Waffle if you could send me those names, that would be great.

PC people as you said are required to use headsets, who keeps track of that? Are you telling me that if I go to the LAN I will see every single person in the PC section using them?

When I was PCVP I required it, and prior to that it was on the official list of LAN rules, but idk how or if it's actually enforced anymore. Take a good look at the next LAN and you'll see that everyone in the PC section is using a headset. There will probably be a very small handful that don't but everyone who's actually competing in tournaments will be using one. Put simply, I've never seen someone NOT using a headset make it past the first round of a tournament.

I can understand that it can be a big advantage, why do you think people buy them in the first place?

Please don't get me wrong, I FULLY understand why they're using them. I just don't think it's sporting when playing against someone who isn't. For online matches and tournament play I totally get why they use them and if I played XBOX with any regularity I'd use one too.

Also Mitch, i'll take you on with your challange. If you bring it up, I will play 1v1 against you.

Last I checked MS actually banned your XBOX for doing this the same as if you used pirated games. I'll look into it some, if they don't I might drive up for a little exhibition action :)

What we can do is have the two teams going against one another to either agree or disagree on the use of headsets, like we do when it comes to fightsticks for games like MvC3 and MK9.

I think this would fix the problem entirely.