"The Three Little Pigs" is racist or something

This is why I can't be a democrat. A story with a real and fundamental lesson that applies throughout someones entire life, from elementary school to retirement, is suddenly not P.C. because of the message is presents. We certainly can't have people planning ahead and working hard all their life, they might become successful and that's just not fair...

<_>

This is why I can't be a democrat. A story with a real and fundamental lesson that applies throughout someones entire life, from elementary school to retirement, is suddenly not P.C. because of the message is presents. We certainly can't have people planning ahead and working hard all their life, they might become successful and that's just not fair...

<_<

So people that work hard make brick houses? What about people that work hard and make cheaper *edited*tier houses cause the brick is too *edited* expensive?

See what we're doing here? Twisting a dumb *edited* story for nothing..

But besides all that, the second article implies the guy wants to reform the story, make it more PC. Yet if you actually read his article all he says is:

"The best approach is NOT to put down such beloved tales and refuse to read them...but to pose questions after." As in, ask a question and let the kids come to their own conclusion.

I didn't see them point out that the pigs that owned the straw and stick homes that didn't make good decisions mooched off of the pig that worked harder and built the brick house..

Sounds like America to me.

If anything this would be compared to classes of people rather than races. That is stupid.

Edited by Lemm

"The best approach is NOT to put down such beloved tales and refuse to read them...but to pose questions after." As in, ask a question and let the kids come to their own conclusion.

Why should kids that young even be introduced to the concept of class warfare? The story, as was read to me, didn't even hint at the concept that some are better than others because they "can afford a better house." The story, as I remember it, was entirely about working hard and being rewarded for it. I didn't learn the concept that some were better than others until our neighbors built a 4 story house. When I asked why their house was bigger my parents explained that both their parents went to school for much longer and were doctors. I was told that if I wanted a big house and nice cars like they had that I should study hard and go to college.

I've never liked the idea of political correctness because I know how it's been weilded in the past:

"If you can control the language of the people, you can control the people."

-Lavrenti Beria, Stalin's Chief of Secret Police

Why should kids that young even be introduced to the concept of class warfare?

Class warfare matters the moment you are born. But besides that, I agree with the lesson you took from the story. I just think its a lesson that is much more effective when you include a more complex idea like the authors. You are promoting thinking, at a much higher level. Nothing wrong with layering like that, it's actually an effective way to promote learning.

Edited by newrayz