Liquid's derailment of CS:GO

the current WCU students do not play counter strike

Really? None of them?

When was the last time our CS servers were advertised to students? I know the answer, just curious if you do.

I believe the servers were mentioned at the last meeting before the summer. Possibly at the Ballywho, I don't know. Every time I've heard CS brought up, nobody seemed interested.

I do know that I haven't heard any interest on campus in CS. From what I've heard from freshmen, the games they want to play are league of legends, melee, and gears of war 3.

I believe the servers were mentioned at the last meeting before the summer.

The problem with that is the servers were outdated then and still are now. Even Felix's own TF2 servers are so horribly outdated and broken that they had to be turned off to keep them from lagging out everything else.

I do know that I haven't heard any interest on campus in CS. From what I've heard from freshmen, the games they want to play are league of legends, melee, and gears of war 3.

Alot of that will depend on the crowd you're asking. PC gamers don't go to valley balleywho, in fact they don't do much of anything outside of stay in their room playing video games. There's too many gaming clubs at other universities that have large FPS populations for me to believe that WCU doesn't have anyone interested in it at all.

Btw, since you're reading this, now that TF2 is free it could easily be made to be a huge draw for the PC section if someone that cares about it is elected into PC leadership. I've tried to contact Felix about this and other issues over the last few months but other than joining your minecraft server to ask I don't think he'll ever bother to respond. Speaking of minecraft, how's the server been since I optimized it?

The problem with that is the servers were outdated then and still are now. Even Felix's own TF2 servers are so horribly outdated and broken that they had to be turned off to keep them from lagging out everything else.

Alot of that will depend on the crowd you're asking. PC gamers don't go to valley balleywho, in fact they don't do much of anything outside of stay in their room playing video games. There's too many gaming clubs at other universities that have large FPS populations for me to believe that WCU doesn't have anyone interested in it at all.

Btw, since you're reading this, now that TF2 is free it could easily be made to be a huge draw for the PC section if someone that cares about it is elected into PC leadership. I've tried to contact Felix about this and other issues over the last few months but other than joining your minecraft server to ask I don't think he'll ever bother to respond. Speaking of minecraft, how's the server been since I optimized it?

A lot of LoL players were at the Ballywho, do they not count as PC gamers?

As for TF2, I didn't hear any freshmen asking about it, but it typically gets a decent turn out at the LANs. Honestly, I predict it becoming F2P will increase the turnout for the game at our events.

Yes you must mean you never went to VBH. I am solely a PC gamer and I went every single year while I was a student and I know quite a few others who did as well. Most of the PC gamers I know actually do a lot of stuff outside of "sitting in their rooms" but then again they have friends and are generally likable people. Besides if they're too lazy, friendless, or socially awkward to leave their room to even learn that we have a gaming club during the club fair then they will likely not bother going to the LAN events even if they know we have a club. It's also not so much that people aren't interested in FPSs it's that no one is interested in the dead horse that is CS:S. PC gamers unlike a lot of consolers are a diverse bunch with a lot of different tastes in games. I like FPSs but not the usual ones like Generic Modern Military Shooter 2004 Edition. Instead I enjoy things like the STALKER franchise, Left4Dead, and Fallout. Other people I know do not share my tastes or even each others tastes in PC games and thus catering to the PC group is more difficult than it is for console which is "Play Halo/Gears/CoD/Blaz" all day errday. One shared game amongst the PC group right now is League of Legends and possibly Heroes of Newerth now that it is F2P. TF2 could also be a large draw for the club since it is F2P as well but that all remains to be seen.

The problem with the attendance with the LANS is that most of the PC side has lives now, that include weekend activities. They don't want to spend the entire Saturday cramped up in the LAN waiting for their tournaments to come up when they could be out with their girlfriends or drinking. I myself might not make it because of much the same reasons.

Yes you must mean you never went to VBH.

I went my freshman year, got bored, and never went back. Tbh, I don't know anyone else I graduated with who enjoyed it enough to go back every year. Maybe it's popular now, idk, but it sure wasn't a big draw back then.

Manlymoose, no one deleted anything actually relevant to the topic of this thread. You poked Ephraim with a stick and he broke it and threw it across the room. Get over it. You see that banner at the top of every page in the forums? #1 says "Be respectful to ALL other users." That includes Ephraim and anyone else you can't get along with in RL. If you can't play nice and follow the rules, please leave.

Back to topic: It's been confirmed that XBOX360 will be stuck using controllers but PS3 will have Move, keyboard/mouse, and controller support and PC/Mac will have cross-platform matchmaking with PS3 users. I'm actually looking forward to that, opens the door for a highly competitive PC vs console exhibition match at LANs :)

A lot of LoL players were at the Ballywho, do they not count as PC gamers?

As for TF2, I didn't hear any freshmen asking about it, but it typically gets a decent turn out at the LANs. Honestly, I predict it becoming F2P will increase the turnout for the game at our events.

I'd still like this question answered.

I assumed it was a rhetorical question. LoL is a PC game that's been played at the last couple LANs so... yeah that makes them console players.

I mean did you really think I'd say they weren't PC gamers? :rolleyes:

I assumed it was a rhetorical question. LoL is a PC game that's been played at the last couple LANs so... yeah that makes them console players.

I mean did you really think I'd say they weren't PC gamers? :rolleyes:

I wanted to know what you were thinking with your insulting (and proven wrong) statement.

I wanted to know what you were thinking with your insulting (and proven wrong) statement.

How many is "a lot"? Also, how was the statement wrong? You just said TF2 gets a a good showing at the LANs, and that free-to-play will likely increase the campus playerbase, yet you saw no interest in it at VBH. To some degree, doesn't that prove my point?

It certainly doesn't make it insulting or completely wrong.

You also didn't mention seeing any interest in Starcraft2 or BFBC2, both of which also have strong campus playerbases.

Like I said, what games the people that randomly happen upon your booth play is entirely dependent on the crowd and the vibe your booth projects.

How many is "a lot"? Also, how was the statement wrong? You just said TF2 gets a a good showing at the LANs, and that free-to-play will likely increase the campus playerbase, yet you saw no interest in it at VBH. To some degree, doesn't that prove my point?

It certainly doesn't make it insulting or completely wrong.

You also didn't mention seeing any interest in Starcraft2 or BFBC2, both of which also have strong campus playerbases.

Like I said, what games the people that randomly happen upon your booth play is entirely dependent on the crowd and the vibe your booth projects.

Over 80% of students who mentioned games they play included League of Legends.

Your statement was wrong because you said PC gamers do not go out anywhere, including VBH. I know there were lots of PC games at VBH. I have talked to freshmen who were interested in TF2, just more of them seemed to be interested in LoL.

Also, the thread should be renamed Ephrayim's derailment of cs:go.

Also, the thread should be renamed Ephrayim's derailment of cs:go.

I thought about explaining why this statement is so stupid, but instead I've decided to point out how pleased I am to know that I will never see you again.

Over 80% of students who mentioned games they play included League of Legends.

Of those, how many listed more computer games than console games? Be honest :)

The thread was named after you b/c it went way off topic after your first post. The derailing or derail-baiting poster is usually the one held responsible. Blaming the derailment on Ephraim, who came in 6 posts later, isn't really fair. I meah yeah I could have but I could also have blamed it on Kazka or Felix, that doesn't mean they had anything to do with it.

What is this thread... I don't even.

3 things.

1) lol @ people thinking CS:GO will be good. I think it will be like CZ.

2) I kicked the Tunnel Snakes asses let that *edited*'s mom get nommed by rats. Radscorpians are where its at.

3) Hat Fortress 2 Forever.

So who is getting Skyrim? I am already jizzing mine pants and preordered it.

1) lol @ people thinking CS:GO will be good. I think it will be like CZ.

CZ.. are you kidding me?

This one at least boasts better graphics and a number of new gametypes. CZ was more like a single player expansion.