a. Email: Absent

8) Man At Arms: Tyler

a. Email: tlpatirck1@catamount.wcu.edu

9) Wii Games: Super Smash Bros: Melee/ Wii Bowling

10) PS3 Games: Soul Caliber 4/ Mortal Kombat 9

11) Xbox 360 Games: Halo: Reach/ Gears of War 3

12) PC Games: League of Legends(5’s)/ Team Fortress 2/ Starcraft 2/ Halo

13) Handhelds Game: Pokemon Black and White

14) Note: Handhelds must be advertised on flyers/ Roughly 2 weeks a meeting for Officers in the club will be held, the date and location will be announced by the President ASAP.

Note that the Detailed Meeting Memo is attached.

Tim50kg is the new Secretary and I am making this thread in his place to get it up on the forums asap. If someone could promote him to have the powers needed to create threads it would be greatly appreciated.

Meeting Minutes.pdf

If you post the forum names of all the new execs I'll update their permissions later tonight.

Hey, Frank here. Just as a heads up. I got appointed for the pokemon black and white tourny for the lan. If you know friends who play try and get them to come to the lan. Could really use the support to make Handhelds more prominent at lans.

Prez - Bloodege

Console VP - a waffle

PC VP - felix

Marketing - Dustin

Secretary - Tim50kg [NEED PHONE]

Treasurer - tF Freezer

Historian - Haroun Gunrose Azizi [NEED PHONE]

Man at Arms - Tyler Patrick [NEED PHONE]

What does the Man-at-Arms position entail?

Some people were upset at how the meeting was so disorderly so we decided to attempt parliamentary procedure. He conducts the meeting and says which people can talk when.

He conducts the meeting and says which people can talk when.

Historically that's been the president's job. It's also in the president's job description :)

The first thing that came to mind is how much more difficult it's going to be to get any serious sponsors with that name.

Speaking of name changes, that requires that the constitution be modified which requires PRIOR approval by the staff advisor.

Here's how I would handle this:

-When contacting sponsors, use "WCU GAMING CLUB"

-On the forums, use "WCU GAMING CLUB"

-When signing official SGA-related papers, use "WHEE GAME"

-On the flyers, just say "THE GAMING CLUB"

-Hope SGA gets inundated with enough complaints from the various clubs that they change their mind and we can official change the name back.

Hope SGA gets inundated with enough complaints from the various clubs that they change their mind and we can official change the name back.

For that to happen the other clubs would have to care enough to comply with or challenge the namechange "mandate." From what I can tell, the other clubs are simply ignoring it.

On the official paperwork, sure, comply. When dealing with sponsors and matters relating to our online presence, ignore it. Actually, Ephraim's system would work rather well.

The thing to keep in mind is that we've had issues with SGA since day one. They're always coming up with new rules and mandates, trying to force clubs to fit into their little world. If we complied with everything they said we'd spend more time making constitutional changes than gaming. If you guys want to do that, I mean that's fine, but we're here to game and SGA's boss' boss will stand behind your decisions and "rule breaking" 100% so long as you don't do anything that reflects poorly on the university or is illegal. I mean he gave you guys a $4,000 server after a one hour meeting, he's got your back :)

I understand the reasoning behind the name change but frankly I prefer the old name as well, plus we have over 6 years of advertising with said name. While i was up last night thinking of adevertisment stuff and Whee Game just doesnt say anything, You dont know its a club, You dont know where it is, and you frankly dont know what its purpose is. Im sure there some sort of grandfather mandate we could use, and further more state how this name change hurts our presence on campus and our ability to advertise outside of campus.

I understand the reasoning behind the name change but frankly I prefer the old name as well, plus we have over 6 years of advertising with said name. While i was up last night thinking of adevertisment stuff and Whee Game just doesnt say anything, You dont know its a club, You dont know where it is, and you frankly dont know what its purpose is. Im sure there some sort of grandfather mandate we could use, and further more state how this name change hurts our presence on campus and our ability to advertise outside of campus.

Very well said.

If this board had it I'd totally be +rep'ing that.

Here's how I would handle this:

-When contacting sponsors, use "WCU GAMING CLUB"

-On the forums, use "WCU GAMING CLUB"

-When signing official SGA-related papers, use "WHEE GAME"

-On the flyers, just say "THE GAMING CLUB"

This would work. Sorry Ephraim, but I dont think SGA is gonna budge on this subject matter considering it is for legal reasons. Other than that though, this will work.

As I said on facebook before it degenerated, there are a number of other clubs, teams, and groups on campus that are refusing to change their names to remove the WCU reference. You have more pull with the university than all of them, combined.

This should not have happened and can still be undone, but you have to want to do it.

Sign in to follow this