Sign in to follow this  
a waffle

Headsets

If you do allow them you need to have spares for public use. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer but everyone should be on equal footing when playing in a tournament.

Also make sure you give plenty of notice...

I think it would make the gaming experience a lot better for those who had them.

Some thing i alway wanted to do but didnt have the resource was try and get an extra tv or projector that just has a spectator mode on it though some games lack the ability to do that as well.

I have a suggestion. Try contacting Todd Greene with Track Scan about the Vibras Five.One gaming headsets. I know he's worked several events and helped provided headsets for large and small events. They're a fairly local company to boot (based out of Mooresville, NC). I met him a couple years ago at the Carolina Gaming Summit where they had headsets for multiple tournaments. Wouldn't hurt to contact them and get them as a sponsor.

http://www.track-scan.com/2/vibras.html

I plan on going to CGS again this coming February, so if he or Vibras/Track Scan is there again I can definitely talk to them about it as well if need be.

Edited by Oh Malley

If you plan to contact someone for a sizable donation it needs to be at least a month out. You'll get better results trying to pick them up for the LAN after this one.