Sign in to follow this  
Falcon

Pizza talk

So, this is where the conversation shall be continued from the pizza thread elsewhere.

Like I said, if you get to the server, we're on internet instead of LAN, but it's always empty. if it's ever down tho let me know, I'll get it fixed asap. I'm thinking of putting the server into full time onslaught, the one thing i think bots are reasonable at, but any other suggestions are definitely welcome. anything to get people on the server. lol

Well, what kind of players you want inhabiting the server makes a difference in how you would set it up. So do you want newbs or pros or some sort of mixture of both? Essentially, good people don't play onslaught, there isn't really a competitive community for it to speak of among high level players. Newbies probably love it though, and the same is true for Assault. Good people do play Pub TDM which is usally 5v5 weaponstay on or off, usually on because people get mad about it being off because they're bad at the game. UT comp would need to be on for a competitive server, but wouldn't really matter for a newb tromping ground. Maybe you should consider TAM. TAM or Team Arena Master is a popular pub mod these days, among newbies and some good people. It isn't really considered a competitive mod, but as a pub mod it's a lot of fun. UTcomp can't be used with TAM, the two are not compatible. All I can really tell you is that the full servers in my favorites list are the 5v5 tdm pubs and the 5v5 and 6v6 tam pubs. Sadly, there aren't really any good CTF pubs - which is my mod of choice. Essentially the UT community has dwindled quite a bit from its hayday, most people are just on edge waiting for ut3. Any other questions?

Well the way it's set up now is basically ok. I played one map on it tonight after my internet ping went to Hell. The bots are set too easy, utcomp needs to be updated to 1.6a from 1.5 and weaponshake needs to be turned off. Other than that it's fine.

shot01853wk0.jpg

Sign in to follow this