Sign in to follow this  
aznjun

SILKROAD IS FREE

Just read the other threads and everything is there :)

this thread is so people try it instead of keep on playing wow....why woul dyou pay money...sigh*

Just read the other threads and everything is there :)

this thread is so people try it instead of keep on playing wow....why woul dyou pay money...sigh*

Why would you play a game that has no end-game? No feel of accomplishment? There's no dungeons, no bosses, and most definitely no highly organized runs for PvP or anything other than "trade routes". Playing a game that will keep you playing for months upon months (if not years) rather than sitting there grinding the same things over and over in SRO and having no feel of accomplishment or striving to reach the end, is much better. I think I can pay $.50 a day instead of say, getting fast-food 3 times a month, and having a hell of a lot more fun and having an actual reason to play is better than sitting there grinding for hours.

Not to mention, no AWSD support? Gb2/1990's

"Oh, I need some Blue Bug Bladders. Go fetch them for me and I'll give you this ring that isnt really that good, but it'll do."

New Quest Acquired. *opens it up and reads it*

"Go find 40,000 Blue Bug Bladders."

12 hours later.

"Hm, it appears as if I have found 3/40,000 of my quest item."

Sounds like fun doesnt it? :lol:

"Oh, I need some Blue Bug Bladders. Go fetch them for me and I'll give you this ring that isnt really that good, but it'll do."

New Quest Acquired. *opens it up and reads it*

"Go find 40,000 Blue Bug Bladders."

12 hours later.

"Hm, it appears as if I have found 3/40,000 of my quest item."

Sounds like fun doesnt it? :lol:

Thats an extreme exaggeration -- at most its kill 500 or find 200. The whole point of playing a game that has no end is to accomplish the most you can. It's the equivalent to WoW (cuz in WoW you must grind away for hours on end.) It might take a little longer but the purpose is so you can kill high level monsters. You usually need more than 1 person to kill these high level monsters. Therefore, yes the point is get as high as you can get, get a team, and kick the *edited* out of the hard stuff. This is just a summarization. There is no organized pvp.. but then again.. there is Pk (player killing) you just point aim and bam start killing. Now if you kill them, you go -red- in this case anyone can attack you without going red and they get experience until you go back to normal. You also drop items (this is my most unfavorite part of it) However, if you decide to wear a cape 1) its like a duel 2) you lose nothing 3) its limited to other people with a cape

Aye, it's an exaggeration. But, it still isnt fun either.

That was my only complaint about the game when I played it. Grinding gets old, really fast.

Aye, it's an exaggeration. But, it still isnt fun either.

That was my only complaint about the game when I played it. Grinding gets old, really fast.

but you gotta grind in every game like that.. UO , EQ, even Wow, WoW is just tailored to ppl who can't be online enough and hence why grinding is so easy. But why would you want to be able to finish a game that ahs no end in like 2 weeks anyways? If you take into account raiding then like 4 weeks, but still, its retarded

Finding 500 or 200 things isn't an exaggeration? Haha, exactly. No one wants to sit there and grind for 8 hours a day to get the 400. WoW you don't grind for hours on end, you go and complete quests where the max you have to kill or find is 20 or 30. The "higher level monsters" are bosses or high level elites in Instances/Dungeons/Raids/etc. that drop gear and other items that your character and use and do more damage with or heal better, etc. In WoW there is "PK" as well. Roll on a PvP server and you're ALWAYS flagged for PvP, which allows you to be ganked and to gank others, etc.

DS, I'm trying to get what you mean by a "game that has no end" but yet finish it in 2 weeks? Wouldn't you want to play a game that doesn't technically end because it would continue to keep you entertained? What end does SRO have? Grinding 24/7 until it wears you out? I'd like to see you get to level 70 in 2 weeks, it honestly would impress the hell out of me but I know you can't do it. And raiding would only extend it for 2 more weeks? Considering that the raid instances reset in 3 days, or once every week if you account in the old 40-man raids, then I don't see how only 2 weeks would be added. Also, by the time you got to 70 you wouldn't be immediately accepted into a Raiding guild to get your gear, etc. More than likely you'd be spending a couple of weeks getting your regular instance gear and possibly heroic instance gear. In the end you'll be spending more like 4-6 MONTHS playing and enjoying a game that is always developing and changing rather than spending 4-6 weeks grinding and not having any sense of accomplishment.

I warned yall about this early in the semester, the grind in this game is simply dumb. Stealth marxist indoctrination.

this is all true, but the fact of the matter is, the game is FREE

not $50 to buy then $15 a month to play (or at least used to be), i mean that would be an extra $180 a year...

so your 1st year you play you spend $230 to play a video game? sounds kinda retarded to me, like maybe... THEY JUST *edited*ED YOU OVER BIG TIME...

It would be $50 to buy the game and then the expansion, so technically you're getting two games since there is so much more content in the expansion than the original. Not only that but if you don't want to buy the expansion yet, you don't have to. Level to ~50 then go out and get the expansion if you want so you can get to 70.

And its $15/month if you do the monthly thing. If you pay in longer period of time, such as a year, then it is only like $130/year (I'm probably wrong on that number, I haven't checked that out in a while). Besides, as stated earlier you're paying for a game that is constantly being added onto and paying for fun. $.50 a day isn't much if you think about it.

Both are good games but the grinding in Silk Road and the fact that there isn't a point to playing the game makes it weak. So like maybe.... THEY *edited*ED YOU OVER BIG TIME .... because there's no reason to play it other than wasting hours of your life and having no feel of accomplishment.

Oh, by the way, bought any more Silk Road gold? I'm sure if you spent that $10-20 on maybe a WoW subscription then you'd be happier ;).

Because it's way more fun than griding all day in SRO.

I agree.

I know a couple of people who play it but as far as I can see, it's not a great MMORPG. I don't like the graphics even though they somewhat look similar to WOW's graphics but then again WOW has much more intense graphics (if you jack up the settings and lose like 20 FPS)... Besides it's always fun to play WOW :P

ok, this is silkraod....why are we ARGUING about silkroad and wow? honestly? just delete the topic if its going to cause *edited*ing controversy

ok, this is silkraod....why are we ARGUING about silkroad and wow? honestly? just delete the topic if its going to cause *edited*ing controversy

Because you said:

Don't start a fire that you can't put out or control.

I agree.

I know a couple of people who play it but as far as I can see, it's not a great MMORPG. I don't like the graphics even though they somewhat look similar to WOW's graphics but then again WOW has much more intense graphics (if you jack up the settings and lose like 20 FPS)... Besides it's always fun to play WOW :P

Wow looks like cartoons.... guess thats why so many kids play it....

The WoW graphics are based off of the character designs from the RTS, so it's keeping with the overall style of the entire franchise. I suppose some people don't like that, but I always liked what I saw when I played. I mean, it's a fantasy world. We don't need super wanna-be LOTR hyper-*edited*ing-realism in everything.

Considering SR was free, I didnt think the graphics were that bad and reminded me of a couple other free-internet style games (Raikion, Gunz, whatever they're called). Even if my character did look almost exactly like Misturugi from Soul Calibur. :D Again, that just goes to what you like though.

you guys are whining about lots o grinding, but here's the thing: isn't CS:S lots of grinding and trying to find some skillz?

You don't have to be AT your computer to grind, in fact it's quite easy to grind on 4 seperate accounts while you're droning away in math class or hitting up some Sauce.

Catch is if you grind using this peculiar method and aren't good at it you could get banned. Something about cheats... I don't know...

Sign in to follow this