Liam Team Balancer

im still under my impression that it should take into account total points per team, and not win records. I'd rather see two teams with equal K:D ratios than one team with 90:12 and the other at 25:30 just because they believe in teamwork.

And actually while im here, it levels out after the first 5 or 6 rounds now, so i think as far as working goes, you done good. cuz what, the first 5 rounds takes maybe 10 minutes. It's a good improvement.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im still under my impression that it should take into account total points per team, and not win records. I'd rather see two teams with equal K:D ratios than one team with 90:12 and the other at 25:30 just because they believe in teamwork.

And actually while im here, it levels out after the first 5 or 6 rounds now, so i think as far as working goes, you done good. cuz what, the first 5 rounds takes maybe 10 minutes. It's a good improvement.

I just fixed that problem with it screwing the first 5-6 rounds.

Is it possible to swap the top 2 KDR players on each team instead of the 2 with highest score?

It is, but as Brian said, it is largely working now. Lets give it a try and see how it does. I made a few cosmetic changes yesterday on how it handles balance to make it more efficient.

This throughs me off a few times on some of the maps that have the same looking spwn area (SK's Deaglez exc) or maps i'm not famuler with...

anywho, can their be a HUD message that appears on the Clients that are being switched. Saying they have been switch to Ter. or Counter. Ter team.

This throughs me off a few times on some of the maps that have the same looking spwn area (SK's Deaglez exc) or maps i'm not famuler with...

anywho, can their be a HUD message that appears on the Clients that are being switched. Saying they have been switch to Ter. or Counter. Ter team.

Yes, I will be glad to do that and I'll make it client specific so it pops up in the *center* of the screen. :)

Just a reminder. (Pinkcs) This thread is about the Team Balancer ONLY. Dont post in here with server suggestions such as map voting, admin mods, etc. Team Balancer issues/suggestions/rants/raves only.

as I was playing last night i noticed something else. once the teams are actually pretty even, it keeps "balancing" and throwing them off more. And im sure we've all seen it, when one team is all XX:x while the winning team is x:XX in k:d. and it keeps it up for the entire round when it could stop after ~10 minutes and teams would be good for the remainder of the map.

as I was playing last night i noticed something else. once the teams are actually pretty even, it keeps "balancing" and throwing them off more. And im sure we've all seen it, when one team is all XX:x while the winning team is x:XX in k:d. and it keeps it up for the entire round when it could stop after ~10 minutes and teams would be good for the remainder of the map.

I'll take a poke at it this evening.

Why did it switch me just after after the warm up round and before the real round started... iu mean *edited* i dident even get a kill.... o_0

not a big deal,, its was just phuniee

It also balances team size and it'll randomly grab a person to move if the teams are mis-sized.

Liam, I'll be straight with you: I did not read every page of the thread.

That said, what if you added some minor variable to take into account the "pub-advantage" team? For example, CT on dust, CT on aztec, T on italy, etc?

Whats wrong wtih it now? I've already changed it to be KDR oriented instead of simple kills. :P Changing it to work via map would be a pain in the frickin *edited*. Not only would I have to design a config file, it would have to be modified every time a new map is added.

The suggestion was in addition to the KDR, and other work that has been done. Also useful may be a call to see how many points someone has -- there were times, for example, when I would join an assault game already in progress, die my first round as a CT and then get switched to T for balance ^_^

The suggestion was in addition to the KDR, and other work that has been done. Also useful may be a call to see how many points someone has -- there were times, for example, when I would join an assault game already in progress, die my first round as a CT and then get switched to T for balance ^_^

We looked at attaching it to the points system, unfortunately, it would open up countless more connections to the sql server and add countless more overhead to the server to do so. Also, the biggest reason we decided against it was for this:

Everyone has "off" days.

The balancer from what I can tell is working wonderfully now. Teams are not stackign like they were. In fact the playing I've done over the last few days have ended the round with scores very close to even.

• 4 weeks later...