Sign in to follow this  
Nickname

Diablo III

A good number of the designers from the first two Diablo games broke off from Blizzard and formed Flagship Studios. They've already made a Diablo-ese game (Hellgate) and are working on a hybrid Diablo-WoW game called Mythos.

I would wait and see on Diablo 3.

A good number of the designers from the first two Diablo games broke off from Blizzard and formed Flagship Studios. They've already made a Diablo-ese game (Hellgate) and are working on a hybrid Diablo-WoW game called Mythos.

I would wait and see on Diablo 3.

pffft hellgate is not the kind of game i want; i want something more like titan quest and this looks like it will fit the bill.

pffft hellgate is not the kind of game i want; i want something more like titan quest and this looks like it will fit the bill.

Diablo 3 is not made by the guys who made the others successful so there's really no telling how it'll end up.

Diablo 3 is not made by the guys who made the others successful so there's really no telling how it'll end up.

If it looks and works anything like that video on gamespot then it is exactly what I want.

Too bad hellgate held my attention for a very short amount of time and was terrible at launch. Seriously... I was completely disappointed in that game when it released (I was secretly hoping that the beta was just builds behind and that was why it sucked in beta). A lot of the skills in the game are lackluster or boring. As far as RPG's go I would say Titan Quest was better than Hellgate London. Mythos is okay but I'm not impressed with its gameplay. Maybe it'll get better. They just implemented a persistent world so we shall see.

The fact that Diablo 1 and 2 wasn't made by Blizzard is moot in my opinion. For one, they have amazing writers working for them. Their art teams is one of the best in the gaming industry. And Diablo 3 was already being worked on when Blizzard North dissolved. Blizzard simply let it incubate for a few years and then decided it was a good time to start working on the new game. The home department oversaw the development of all their games. Given the money and talent at Blizzard I in no way have my doubts. There hasn't been one game they have made that I was disappointed with. From the gameplay videos I am already impressed.

Multi-Tiered dungeons? Check!

Destructible Environment? Check!

that can be used to kill creatures? Check!

Awesome skills and classes? (2 so far and yes, awesome)

Great weapon effects? Check!

Great continuation of the story? Check!

Deckard Cain? Check!

Giant HUGE Bosses? Check!

Randomly Generated World Encounters? Check!

And this isn't all that they are implementing. I am excited and have full faith that this will be a fun game to play.

The fact is that the more we talk about it the more i want it but cant afford it. This game will be like all of my other games...ill have to wait until i have a pc that can handle it.

gah dont remind me of teh cost.... and im pretty ure my comp will be able to handle it. if it doesnt i may consider upgrading for it LOL

actually it's up to 3 classes, Barb, Witch Doctor and Wizard

looks like lightning, or maybe it was chain lightning is back again.

i hope for some interesting stuff again, i mean diablo 2 still holds my attention, hopefully this will to

post-464-1227123243.jpg

major you kmnow it wont be cheap im guessing 50 bux even and hopefully they keep it free every month otherwise it may lose a lot of people, if its not free you wont see me playing it.

On a lighter note... I am hoping to upgrade my comp soon maybe even buy a whole new one so far i have 20 dollars saved lol

this game is going to be epic...my girl and i are ganna play, we will meeet you in the dark side

and it comes out 9/9/09

I will hit you up when it comes out then man. I am gonna rule the Barbarians for the first little while.

I mean if that is serious then I am down. I thought it wasn't coming out until 2010, but I haven't researched it so... I will just believe you until I hear different.

i was lookin it up a few months ago and from what i remember it said 9/9/09 so ... hope for the best

im really really sure that that number is false

they haven't even released any info about other characters/bosses/maps/etc.

they are even planning a new content/major update in D2 before D3 comes out

awww boooo!

Major don't ruin my dreams.

lol im sorry... just play regular D2 with me... im tryna convince my roommate to play untwinked with me this weekend along with a few other peeps

he quit back in February so its gonna be tough to get him to play

when blizzard comes out with games its always big...you never hear much cause they never say much til it comes out

i never believe in release dates either they say 9/9/09 but they might hold it off for whatever reason

check out some of the stuff at

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/?rhtml=y

Update: A new rumor puts the Diablo 3 release date on 09-09-09!

A recent rumor that Diablo 3 will be released BEFORE Starcraft 2 actually prompted Blizzard to officially address the issue of the release date.

lol im sorry... just play regular D2 with me... im tryna convince my roommate to play untwinked with me this weekend along with a few other peeps

he quit back in February so its gonna be tough to get him to play

D2 is sooo boring to me now...

I remember posting on the forums a while back saying I was playing again, but even my LLD fun is boring...I just gonna wait for D3...