Just wondering which maps people want to play for the tournament. 2fort is getting kinda old and i was thinking of adding some ctf maps that move a little faster and maybe some balanced cp maps like well.

Also nominate any maps you want to play after the tournaments. I will take the maps with more than 3 nominations and put them in a poll for people to vote on. The official maps are already a given but nominate any other custom maps.

Just wondering which maps people want to play for the tournament. 2fort is getting kinda old and i was thinking of adding some ctf maps that move a little faster and maybe some balanced cp maps like well.

Also nominate any maps you want to play after the tournaments. I will take the maps with more than 3 nominations and put them in a poll for people to vote on. The official maps are already a given but nominate any other custom maps.

Talk with Nickname and Kuros. Both know how to run a good tournament and have played at ASU's LAN event. On that note you might want to go ahead and start thinking about how you want to do teams because some of us play better than others when grouped together. :D

maps we used for the last lan that are good to use again are ctf_turbine and ctf_mach4. We have used ctf_well in the past but I think its too big; same with 2fort. Since we are only doing 5v5, the key is having relatively small maps.

maps we used for the last lan that are good to use again are ctf_turbine and ctf_mach4. We have used ctf_well in the past but I think its too big; same with 2fort. Since we are only doing 5v5, the key is having relatively small maps.

And maps that won't end in a tie or stalemate. That's why we usually went ctf in the past. This game needs Rock2 really bad.

rydell, i really like your cft_steamroll map you just added cant get much more fast paced that that.

I dont really see how it would be possible to do a PL or CP map as the map's are sided.

Arena was made for 5v5 tournaments, and its new. (we all not each other strats on the above ctf maps). I vote for not doing all of the same maps as we did at the last events. I'd like to see some arena at the event.

In order of which arena maps i believe will work best for 5v5 at the LAN

1. Arena_Granery
  2. Arena_badlands
  3. Arena_mach
  4. Arena_Well
  5. Arena_dust2

all are small, all are fast paced, all are new, none will end in a stalemate. don't see how you can go wrong. :)

Thing is I really like steamroll too but it is too easy to end up in a stalemate if too many people engi camp, its added to the server if you want to try it out . But i do have a few ideas on how to make a tournament bracket but it either involves random teams or some skill assessment. I also need to get a total number of players who will be involved in the tournament.

as fun as melays are,, i dont think it should be a decider on which team advances in the tournament.

i vote to play another round as masterp said, but take engi and demo man out, so their is none of that ghey turtleing up stalemate crap again. and the first to 1 cap wins after stalemate

Mach4, Mach4, and for the finals Mach4. In all seriousness Mach4 is a great map for small teams of 5v5. I decided the 1 player per class limit so you're welcome for that. The other two maps are up in the air but they need to be fast paced, TEAM ORIENTED, and unlikely to end in a stalemate with the class limitations. The thing about arena is that it takes away from the team aspect and we are declaring winners by teams instead of individuals. With arena maps everyone is trying to be the hero and it takes away from the "we need to work as a team to do this" aspect of the game.

No you didn't. You limited engys and scouts. App had the 1 class limit and that's why I adopted it, cause it worked so well there.

And what didn't work about limiting only scouts and engineers? No other class with 3 people rushing really turns the tables on the other team, including heavys and soldiers. You can stop 3 soldiers fairly easy and you can stop 3 heavys fairly easy. Same with demo, medic, and most definitely pryos and snipers. OH GOD 3 SNIPER RUSH!!!!!!! SAVE US!!!!!!!!!

Stay on topic... Stay on topic!!

Well if you guys wanna meet up on the server later, i'll show you a new ctf map i found and see what you guys think.

Plus i still havent added most of the TF2 players to my steam friend's list.

Also, this is a little off topic but...

I vote Mach4 100%

2Fort simply because anyone whose played tf2 knows that map. It really isn't that big and every tournament I've been in has used it.

Granary sucks - I absolutely refuse to play that map unless there is a tie:

Tie Breaker Sudden Death = 5 on 5, everyone scouts, Granary, first to cap middle wins. It was used in another tournament I did. I thought it was pretty awesome.

Those are my votes for now.

:ninja:

Also i found this new map called ctf_steamroll. Dice can vouch for me, it is a fun map that goes quickly and is easy to determine sudden death. Heres a link if you want to look at it: ctf_steamroll

Let me hear your comments, i really like this map personally.

How it works is, each team has 10 seconds before the round starts to set up defenses, if you get killed you are taken out of the action until the next round. Teams have 90 sec to cap the intel and the losing team gets dropped onto a train track and run over by a train. The rounds go very quickly and scoring could be best out of 10, 10 games, the most captures wins even if it's a stalemate, it still counts as a game.