and yes, doing fair teams is going to be hard. i'll save my opinion for that thread later

I think the "fairest" way might be to pick the teams gym-class style; with the "best" 4 players being "team captains". At the very least, the teams should be more balanced that way, though not perfect obviously.

I agree with the gym class style. as nickname posted.

To add to it we need to group together people that feel that they dont know the game all to well. so assuming we are doing 4 team (but if we have 5 teams just change the numbers) so the 4 best four players should also have at least one of the not so great players. and then the normal gym class style picking.

Another way we could try: The Negotiation style

because for the most part we all know how we play, which classes we are best at, who we are best teamed up with, exc.... if we group together and piece the 4 or 5 teams together as a whole group. If someone feel's there team is stacked on the good or on the suck, the appropriate trades can be made. Maybe it takes the best 2 players and 3 noobs, maybe it the best 4 players and the worst 4 players split up and the middle players distribute. When each team feels they have a fair team, or as fair as they are going to possibly get, then we are set.

Maybe it takes a combination of the two ideas.

What it comes down to is we dont wont one team going in knowing hands down they are going to get rolled. These events are here for fun, meeting new people, and having a good time.

sounds like a good idea, but to do that, we need to decide who the best people at the LAN are. Who do you guys think are gonna be the "best" on the servers? we dont exactly have a lot of stats and we're gonna need to agree on who is going to be the team captains.

I personally think the random picks are the fairest as it prevents the "I was picked last" feeling. If teams are stacked we can always do last minute changes but I think the core decision for this needs to be random as it's been done every time in the past.

To start out the teams, you can do it a number of ways. But its going to take some Negotiation inorder to make them fair. (we have never dont this is the past, and we really should) As long as each team agrees they have a stand chance amongst the other teams when we are golden.

Best ppl would include me but I'm not going to be there so...

Best players that are going to be there are probably you, Kuros, and Kappamerc. Also very good are MasterP, Nukedude, Cacaphony, Chupathingy, and NoDice.

Yeah, Kuros was very surprised i even capped Stage 3 Cap 1 in 1v1 Dustbowl against him, he's very good at defending that last point as a soldier...

Do it the way karen did. Put all the names in a random name generator and click generate until we get fairly even teams. I thought the way she did it was perfect.

We had to go with the 2nd list if I remember correctly but yeah the teams were fair.

Best players that are going to be there are probably you, Kuros, and Kappamerc. Also very good are MasterP, Nukedude, Cacaphony, Chupathingy, and NoDice.

I'm not in the "best" class? WTF?

Stay on topic plz...

Anyway, Lets vote, Post 1 word either random or captain, and then we'll go from there

Do this at signups at the LAN itself. That way those who want to play but don't frequent the forums can better participate.

LIES!

i am the best medic!

If you are at the LAN, I'm gonna laugh when you start crying at how many times she kicks your *edited*. She is the best medic in TF2, hands down. Last medic that talked *edited* went up to her after the LAN and said "Wow, you really kicked my *edited* back there".

If you are at the LAN, I'm gonna laugh when you start crying at how many times she kicks your *edited*. She is the best medic in TF2, hands down. Last medic that talked *edited* went up to her after the LAN and said "Wow, you really kicked my *edited* back there".

lmao! i really wish i could come down there and try at least... would be fun

gimme a bone saw and i can take out anyone! lol

lmao! i really wish i could come down there and try at least... would be fun

gimme a bone saw and i can take out anyone! lol

Maybe afterward, we can set up a 1v1 medic battle between you and her and settle this thing once and for all.

Btw, most of the kills you got on me, you killed me from behind...

I guess if you consider fair to be 3 really bad players and 2 good ones ;). <--my team at both of the lans we did random :P.

We have done random at two lans for TF2. As long as I'm not on a team with someone who has never played the game in their life I'll be fine... Nothing frustrates me more than my teammate asking me how to play during the tournament... seriously, that is absolute fail. If you are gonna play in a tournament, at least play the game before coming >.< I guess I may be a little sour due to my luck with random generation and the fact that if I'm on a good team 'randomly' it will be re-randomized anyways.

I could care less about the prizes, I just enjoy playing with good players and want to shoot myself in the face when my players have absolutely no clue how to play, much less how to play as a team.

I vote premade ;). t(-_-t) everything else. I want to win. There is no way to make teams fair, even with random there will still be a stacked team. I remember them regenerating the random once and the only thing that changed is I got bumped to a team with 1 other good player and they had 4 awesome players instead of 5! ;). (My numbers could be wrong here lol)

I say my team be made up of Me, Kuros, Karen, Chupa, and ...can I have a team of 8? NoDice, Nickname, MasterP, etc... :) There are actually about 10 great players. Theoretically we could have 2 awesome teams and 2 crap teams.

I think the most annoying thing is that I enjoy playing on a team with the good players because they are my friends. They just also happen to be good at the game. Forcing captains means I cannot play with the people I enjoy playing the game with. At least with random I still have a 'chance' at being on a team with my friends.

Real Vote: Random

Wanted Vote: Premade

:ph34r:

Thanks for giving me something to rant about :D. Its been a while since I trolled these here forums!

kappa, indeed you have been getting shafted. But you are correct, both times i'v been put on a team with 4 good players. it was not fun at all. Even thouh my team won it was not fun. We steamrolled 2 of the teams, and only one team had a chance, and a small one at that. No way have i though the past ways we have done them were remotely fair.

I dont see how we can go wrong by assigning random teams (of which ever way yall wont) but before they are set in stone, each team should agree that their team is as fair as the other teams. (or as much as possible) And if its not their can be some swapping around till we get it just right. When each team agrees they have a fair squad theirs noting really more to say but GG.

One idea is to get a list of new players who will be attending the LAN and set up a TF2 workshop. Just something to teach them how to play the game and give the newer players a little practice.

Sounds like a great idea. Set one up and advert it. Might be a good idea to offer this for all the PC games as the new guys may not be familiar with how to pwn at them.