Sign in to follow this  
Rydell382

Final TF2 tournament map choice

TF2 Map  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Choose which map will be played during the tournament

• ctf_mach4
    • ctf_turbine

Ok the time has come to pick which map will be played during the tournament.

Rules will be 5v5, no more than 1 person per class, Best of 3 matches. No unlocked weapons will be used, if i find out you used them (and I will be spectating every match...) you and your team will be disqualified. Sudden death will be continuation and the first cap wins regardless. The teams will be decided randomly and post team assignment balancing will take place to make sure the teams are as even as possible.

Voting will close 3 days before the event

I HAVE SPOKEN!!!

Can we have Mach4 for the first round and Turbine for the second? Or vice versa? Mach4 will be epic in scale and Turbine will favor the team that is better at defending.

eh i just wanted to get the point across, it used to be size 7...

but those are the rules and will only be changed in case of extreme disagreement.

or in the case that someone makes a VERY good point.

no i did not... well i guess it doesn't matter we could do steamroll for a warmup with everyone, then mach4 round 1, turbine for round 2, and then 2fort for round 3, that work?

I HAVE SPOKEN...AGAIN!!!

Looks good, depending on the amount of players we may only be able to do 2 rounds.

in the case of only being able to do 2 rounds, i will drop 2fort because i hate it.

and i wouldnt bother voting anymore, because it is irrelevant because we will be using both maps

ok I'm not even going to vote just b/c i see no point. Here is how it has gone before:

freeplay maps (maybe ctf_steamroll, gravelpit, etc; whatever just messing around before the teams are set)

split into typically 4 teams of 5

warmup round (i suggest 2fort for this because it will appease the 2fort lovers and we dont have to play it for when it counts.)

first round (team 1 vs. team 4, team 2 vs team 3; either turbine or mach 4)

second round (winners vs losers (fighting for 1st and 3rd place); map not used in round 1)

As for other settings; Idk what the respawn timer is set at (and I'm too lazy to check) but 7-10 seconds has worked great in the past. The default setting is way too long and really slows down the lan play.

Urgh, too many complaints...

Ok i will lower the respawn time, and we will do two warmup rounds, one on 2fort and one on steamroll.

and i was planning on using that format anyway when i did the brackets at the event.

Urgh, too many complaints...

no complaints, we are just helping you out. :)

just suggesting what we have tried in the past that does not work. And what has worked.

we realize you haven't been to wcu lan event before so we are just trying to help, just try not to get all stressed over it ;)

I request that we do at least one thing different from last time? Repetitive lans arnt really that much fun.

Yes I was not complaining, just informing you of what has been done before. You are more than welcome to change to setup to whatever you want.

What Nickname says works wonderful. You are playing with 4 people that you've never teamed with before usually and a lot of times they don't even know how to play the game. Need a free pass round to get the feel of everyone and so I can warm up the rocket launcher. After that, you are pretty much free to do whatever as long as we don't have a tie :)

I'm planning on 2 warmup rounds, one on 2fort for everyone to get used to playing with each other, and one on a new map called steamroll to show it off and see what people think. I think i am also going to drop down to 2 rounds and if each team wins once, we will go to sudden death, 1 capture on steamroll.

I'm sorry i took those as complaints, i didnt realize you were just giving suggestions.