• 3 weeks later...

The demo is a lot of fun. I preordered for PC.

The thing that sucks is the 'matchmaking' system they implemented. People on steam forums are up in flames about it. A server browser exists for the game but dedicated servers default to not allowing you to join a server through the browser. I'm sure they will fix all of that.

Gameplay is nuts and awesome. The demo is only 2 pieces of a map but its definitely got the dynamics of never knowing when the zombies will attack goin for it. The weapons feel good for a zombie game and friendly fire really makes you 'think' before you shoot.

I had to learn to use the melee (right mouse button) well. It is a quick swing and can really save your *edited*. Currently (this may be a bug) but you can hit R for reload and then do a melee attack and your weapon is reloaded by the time the attack is done. Currently it saves my *edited* but I don't know if that is intended :D.

Just my initial reaction.

Oh, and the TANK hurts bad :(.

Expert can be slightly brutal, specifically if you get a tank spawn and a terribly placed witch spawn.

Also, in Versus I think it will be extremely difficult to beat expert mode.

Difficulty setting only changes 2 things:

#1 - Anything above normal spawns a witch

#2 - Zombie damage is increased.

Nothing else changes but those zombies hit HARD on expert lol...

Since it increases damage, if you are up against human players playing the zombies, they will also receive that damage buff!

once this game is released we def need to play it in the lan setting; even if its not competitive but co-op, it would still be nice to be able to play 4 player co-op with a bunch of friends.

Should I go ahead and pre-order this game? I think I will next Friday when I get paid....

once this game is released we def need to play it in the lan setting; even if its not competitive but co-op, it would still be nice to be able to play 4 player co-op with a bunch of friends.

Should I go ahead and pre-order this game? I think I will next Friday when I get paid....

Yes, pre-order it :D. I mean its $5 off and you get the demo access. No real reason not to pre-order.

They added the openserverbrowser command to the console so you don't 'have' to use matchmaking. They have patched matchmaking twice now so all the bugs with that will hopefully be worked out by the time release hits. I would hope that they will include a 'Find Servers' button. No need for a console command...

Also, if you are hosting a local game, make sure your ports are forwarded or your friends will start to lag out after about 10 minutes.

well i pre-ordered...played demo...f-ing awesome is all i have to say....sorry cs 1.6, cs:s, and TF2 cuz imma be playing this *edited* alot lol...everyone should get this game its like zombie panic:source except on steroids

Don't be sorry, its just like getting a new car, just about that time