Counter-Strike 1.6 Map Rotation

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can argue it from the other side too. Since it is the end of the semester, students have more time on their hands and they have more time for counter-strike. Whereas during the semester, students need to go to class and study. So the end of the semester should mean that the server should be more populated.

The rotation is one of the key components contributing to a server's population. Let's say the server has 25-29 people in it and all is going well until cs_deagle5 or de_westwood come up. Then the server dies. How can you say the rotation has very little to do with it? *scratching head*

The rotation is one of the key components contributing to a server's population. Let's say the server has 25-29 people in it and all is going well until cs_deagle5 or de_westwood come up. Then the server dies. How can you say the rotation has very little to do with it? *scratching head*

Have you not been reading this thread at all? We are in discussion about REPLACING deag5 and westwood. Also, the server doesnt "die", realistically, it loses MAYBE 7-9 people. I have HLSW on all the time, so i see the stats.

Also, i disagree. End of the semester, everyone has finals and last minute papers/projects. Nobody has time for CS

Edited by adam37
I propose making the server a 24/7 dust2 server for the summer.

I'd like this.

But it would be a big shock to people who only joined cuz it was a 24/7 d2 when we switch it back to a rotation. I think we might lose players in the fall.

However, if you just want a quick fix for the summer, I think that would be okay.

Edited by torankusu
I'd like this.

But it would be a big shock to people who only joined cuz it was a 24/7 d2 when we switch it back to a rotation. I think we might lose players in the fall.

However, if you just want a quick fix for the summer, I think that would be okay.

We could always wait until they get the new box, and then have a 24/7 D2 and a Fun Rotation server

I'd like this.

I was joking, but if you did make it a 24/7 dust2 server...I would love you forever.

dust2 makes the server full, thus more nubs to poon.

• 1 month later...
Italy has, for the past few days, killed the server.

Example.

Tonight it went from roughly 26 people to 5/6 (me & 1/2 more joined right before it was changing from Italy).

I havent seen this. Its been a fairly popular map

• 1 month later...

I have had a bunch of admins and regulars asking me "We need a map rotation change...when will that happen?"

The WCU Fall semester is about to start back (first day of classes is August 24, first Gaming Club meeting is September 10th). After the gaming club meeting, which will include Exec and Council Leader votes, we will do the normal start of semester stuff (deleting inactive admins, new map rotation, stats reset, etc)

Here is the current rotation:

de_dust2

cs_italy

de_nuke

de_inferno

fy_snow

de_aztec

cs_office

awp_dust

One map that will probably definitely be added will be scoutzknivez. Please go ahead and lets get started on getting the map rotation together so we can put it into place immediately.